Throwing an idea out for a room build

Let me say that this is a budget build and needs to get decently audible, but not super loud.

I have midbass / mids / highs already. I just need a sub.

I was thinking a pyle 15 just because it's cheap ($49) - http://www.pyleaudio.com/sku/PLBW154/15-1500-Watt-DVC-Subwoofer

And some sort of plate amp (300-500 watt range preferably)

I was thinking of putting the sub in a fairly large box around 6 cubic feet tuned to 26hz or so since I like to listen to slowed songs.

Could anyone reccomend a plate amp of some sort? I am completely open to suggestions and changes. Just remember that this is on a budget ;)

i'm not too familiar with plate amp brands. your best bet is probably to search partsexpress, or whatever your favorite site is. i know crown is a good way to go, but they'll cost you a pretty penny.

otherwise from what i've seen dayton and pyle make up the majority of plate amps

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

i'm not too familiar with plate amp brands. your best bet is probably to search partsexpress, or whatever your favorite site is. i know crown is a good way to go, but they'll cost you a pretty penny.

otherwise from what i've seen dayton and pyle make up the majority of plate amps

I decided to forgo the plate amp idea since they are all rated to put out quite a bit of power - but the heatsinks on them say otherwise (they are TINY).

My good friend ended up giving me a QSC RMX850 to use - so all I need to do is get some sort of crossover knob for it.

Now I have a different question: I need some sort of pre-amp: a signal booster to make my input signal stronger. It needs to be either RCA (preferred) or just a standard 3.5mm / 1/4inch jack. Could anyone point me in the right direction for one? It will be used for subwoofer duty, so good low end output is a must.

I decided to forgo the plate amp idea since they are all rated to put out quite a bit of power - but the heatsinks on them say otherwise (they are TINY).

My good friend ended up giving me a QSC RMX850 to use - so all I need to do is get some sort of crossover knob for it.

Now I have a different question: I need some sort of pre-amp: a signal booster to make my input signal stronger. It needs to be either RCA (preferred) or just a standard 3.5mm / 1/4inch jack. Could anyone point me in the right direction for one? It will be used for subwoofer duty, so good low end output is a must.

not exactly sure what item you're looking for, but i searched pre-amp on parts-express. here are the search results

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I found a way around having a pre-amp

Now I need a X-over for the sub. I found an RCA interfaced one, but it is HORRIBLE.

Can anyone reccomend a crossover with a 24db/octave slope and plugs into 120vAC? I don't care about whether or not it can do a high pass crossover, I need a low pass crosover.

I should add that if possible: I would like to stay under $50 as a loose budget

I found a way around having a pre-amp

Now I need a X-over for the sub. I found an RCA interfaced one, but it is HORRIBLE.

Can anyone reccomend a crossover with a 24db/octave slope and plugs into 120vAC? I don't care about whether or not it can do a high pass crossover, I need a low pass crosover.

I should add that if possible: I would like to stay under $50 as a loose budget

search partsexpress. i'd think they'd be the most likely to have that

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived