Sonic Electronix

Alpine type rs voice coil SMELLING

And the eq has volume and bass knob that boosts the signal which again cause amp to clip sub. A ways back I used a tpi 440 to get clean signal from that same eq and for me it went like this, HU 28 clean, eq folume knob 1 o'clock and bass knob 11 o'clock and thats with the bands centered. From there I set gain on amp. You have to look for clippimg from the HU down the chain of devices such as eq's and crossovers all the way down to amp.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

i love it i know the gains are set right but im clipping the shit out of my woofers. awesome. you cant accurately set your gains with a dmm. I dont care who argues it you just cant do it. You can get in the ballpark but its not going to be accurate.

whawhawhaaaat? this is news to me. would you mind explaining this to me good sir?

i hope this is sarcasm and im just missing it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Alpine subs smell , they all do , are worm ? What are u smelling just funny smell or burning smell ?

I play mine hard on my 2 hour daily commute and they have never smelled or gotten hot.

1996 mustang gt

• cobra bumper
  • cowl hood
  • c-spring lowered
  • msd ignition, frpp wires , ngks
  • 2 chamber flowbasterds

Sound system

• Pioneer headunit
  • clarion eqs746
  • polk audio mm571's 5x7's
  • polk audio mm691 6x9's
  • planet auido bb150.4 for highs mids
  • stock mach 460 mids and walmart silk dome tweets
  • planet audio bb2400.1
  • 2x 1242 d4 alpine type r's
  • 3.5 cu enclosure tuned to 32 hz
  • all knu concepts & tsunami 1/0 ofc amp runs and monster powerflex big three ofc runs.
  • 2xkinetik khc600 batts in parallel.

Alpine subs smell , they all do , are worm ? What are u smelling just funny smell or burning smell ?

Ding.

You put me in a vehicle with subs for 5 mins and I can tell you if they are type r's or not. I had a pair of type r 12's and a type r 10 (diffrent times) they both had a certaint smell to them. I don't know if the other models do but for sure type r's do. Even not clipping.

04' Chevy Blazer

-Kenwood KIV-BT900, Infinity Kappa 462.9cfp's, Rockford P1653's, Subs... Ridin Stock-

Ding.

You put me in a vehicle with subs for 5 mins and I can tell you if they are type r's or not. I had a pair of type r 12's and a type r 10 (diffrent times) they both had a certaint smell to them. I don't know if the other models do but for sure type r's do. Even not clipping.

So its just a natural thing that the type r series smell? i dont mind the smell but i dont wanna be bumpin these things and doing damage. i LOVE the way the type rs sound they handle all ranges. and can handle way more than alpine say.

Fuck warning points.

what did you set the gain with?

gains are set with a dmm, also recheked by the local car audio store, the eq i dont think has anything to do with it, its just my clarion 7 band nothings really turn up on that, the subs are wired in parallel, i think its parallel, the positives are bridged on the sub and so are the negatives and there is one run from the amp for positive and one run from the amp for negative. Also i have the big 3 upgrade and another kinetic in the trunk soon to be 2. the hifoncs amp isnt the best amp and ill be switching it for a RF 4000bd soon, but its hitting hard (around the 149 150 range)

149-150dbs? I highly doubt that on what kinda meter what hz where was the meter

I dont know wat meter it was, one of my friends and he used to enter his surburban in comps, running 2 solox 18ns with 4 rockford t4000bds so im sure it was decently accurate.

Fuck warning points.

My type r's always smelled too

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs