Sonic Electronix

Best way to measure max Cu.Ft. in cargo area?

What is the best way to go about measureing the area behind the seats? I was going to cut up some cardboard and make a dummy wall on one side and measure accross.. is there a better way to do this? 2009 Subaru outback impreza sport hatchback. The site says there is 19 cubic feet behind the back seats... but i need a more realistic number :).

Tape measure with a pencil and paper?

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Its a hatachback.. there are so many different angles and what not i would eff it up bad... width changes at different locations same with height.. ect. My measuring ability is the reason my current box doesnt fit back there :)

Its a hatachback.. there are so many different angles and what not i would eff it up bad... width changes at different locations same with height.. ect. My measuring ability is the reason my current box doesnt fit back there :)

I would just go with the smallest width. Are you trying to make the box slant and follow the back of the seats? If you know how to do trig you dont need an angle finder for that.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

I would just go with the smallest width. Are you trying to make the box slant and follow the back of the seats? If you know how to do trig you dont need an angle finder for that.

Was hoping to do the front straight up and down, then have the 2 amps slanted behind the seats. granted if it fits that way... still gotta do alot of measuring, but i was just gonna ask if there was a quicker/better way to do it to make sure before i go cutting up all this cardboard :)

Im just not getting what the cardboard is for. A tape measure is all I have ever used

Big 3 with Yellow Top

Do a single box for each different spot, I have a hatchback to, so Make one big dimension from a straight line off your seats to the ground, as far wide without hitten somen across, then to the back without hitting antyhing. Thats one box, then do the same thing for each and every other spot that sits with the original box and add in the space you get from each on of those to come up with a total cu.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm