Sonic Electronix

so the amp i most likely will consider is http://outlet.crutchfield.com/p_675FRP4001/Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-P400-1.html?ssi=0&tp=13643&nvpair=AG_Number_of_Channels%7cFFMono_Subwoofer&tab=detailed_info its factory refurbished and i have a 75 discount card. but however what i plan on running are 2 selenium tweeters rated 100wrms and 2 selenium 8" rated 150wrms. so if there are any options on amps you guys would like to refer im open to all options.

I've read all of your posts, and youre really overthinking a lot of this. What are the impedances of the tweeters you're choosing, and the mid drivers(8")? That will determine what power you are getting from the amp. And just a little FYI, that amp CAN actually put out more than 400WRMS. Fosgate amps do more than rated.

*Edit-You want to run your soundstage in STEREO because mono won't have any left to right differences. It won't give you the true sound in the way it was intended to be heard.

Edited by CleanSierra

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I've read all of your posts, and youre really overthinking a lot of this. What are the impedances of the tweeters you're choosing, and the mid drivers(8")? That will determine what power you are getting from the amp. And just a little FYI, that amp CAN actually put out more than 400WRMS. Fosgate amps do more than rated.

*Edit-You want to run your soundstage in STEREO because mono won't have any left to right differences. It won't give you the true sound in the way it was intended to be heard.

This. Your best bet is to get a 2 channel amp that does close to 200 watts RMS each channel. If im reading it right, you will have 2 speakers per channel. all speakers are 8 ohms and running the two speakers in parallel cuts the ohm load in half, 4 ohms. look in to Soundigitals new 250.2. it does 250 watts RMS at 4 ohms. just my two cents.

Team NWSPLUPCOMING BUILD (when I afford it)

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

That amp would fuck the shit out of those subs. It would roofie them, knock them out with chloroform, then make sweet, gentle, anal love to them all night.

want my advice? ditch the "bass blockers" and get a real passive x-over.

you see those "bass blockers" are a simple 6db per octave passive crossover that 1. can handle very little power (as they were designed for HU power) and 2. do very little in the way of protecting your tweeters

say your tweet can play down to 3k hz at a 24db per octave id feel safe putting my high pass right at 3k

for a 6db per octave id want it set more at 6k and even then it may be a little iffy

i like 18 db and up x-overs

as for your other questions good luck

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Yes i know your right i am over thinking this i just want to get it right cause im not sure. All sppeakers are at an 8 ohm load

This. Your best bet is to get a 2 channel amp that does close to 200 watts RMS each channel. If im reading it right, you will have 2 speakers per channel. all speakers are 8 ohms and running the two speakers in parallel cuts the ohm load in half, 4 ohms. look in to Soundigitals new 250.2. it does 250 watts RMS at 4 ohms. just my two cents.

Sounds good so i decided i will go ahead and get a 2 channel... i will look into that sound digital

you see those "bass blockers" are a simple 6db per octave passive crossover that 1. can handle very little power (as they were designed for HU power) and 2. do very little in the way of protecting your tweeters

say your tweet can play down to 3k hz at a 24db per octave id feel safe putting my high pass right at 3k

for a 6db per octave id want it set more at 6k and even then it may be a little iffy

Ok so i will go ahead and ditch the bass blockers... and on the passive cross over would something like this>>> http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_33608_Audiobahn-ASX02J.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=froogle or do you mean something like this>> http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23146_Power-Acoustik-C-3184.html Just references not the real products im looking at

Yes i know your right i am over thinking this i just want to get it right cause im not sure. All sppeakers are at an 8 ohm load

Sounds good so i decided i will go ahead and get a 2 channel... i will look into that sound digital

Ok so i will go ahead and ditch the bass blockers... and on the passive cross over would something like this>>> http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_33608_Audiobahn-ASX02J.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=froogle or do you mean something like this>> http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23146_Power-Acoustik-C-3184.html Just references not the real products im looking at

Iwould go with your first choice, the audibahn or how everyou spell it x-over. something simple to get started with and its your common x-over. But if you plan on getting, or already have subs, sub amp that would be your way to go it has front and rear, and sub control on it. It all comes down to your needs and what you want bro.

Team NWSPLUPCOMING BUILD (when I afford it)

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

That amp would fuck the shit out of those subs. It would roofie them, knock them out with chloroform, then make sweet, gentle, anal love to them all night.