Sonic Electronix

1 Ported and 1 Sealed as a combo?

Hey all I have 1 Pioneer TS-w306c 400w rms in a sealed box. And a Clarion 500w Rms DVC sub in a slot style ported box that i built. I want to use them both, they sound good together when i use my mates amps in his car no canceling it sounds not too loose cause of the ported sub but tight cause of the pioneer i like the sound should i chose one and sell the other, or am i better off to make another identical ported box for the pioneer so the only difference is the sub not the enclosure too, they both require the same size box and have almost identical specs can you help me?

I am guessing I am going to get flamed for this question thanks in advance. And a side note i have 2 identical amps that are 500w RMS @ 2ohm and 300 @ 4ohm so the only issue is the drivers/subs.

Thanks.

Daniel

I Am Never Wrong, Just Often Mistaken......

It's ghetto.

It causes weird things to happen with response graphs for reason i don't feel like going into.

Bottom line is though, if you're too cheap or broke to do it right, and doing it wrong sounds good to you. Just do it. .. Just don't go bragging about how your system is all great cause it's not.

Enjoy your music!

Nah cheers all good i have sold the amp and the pioneer sub, I thought about it i only need 1 sub in the small cab space of a ute. So the proceeds from the amps and sub sale are going toward a 4 channel amp to run the 6x9's in the back in boxes i made. and the front 4" speakers will be replaced with splits. So this should sound good just need a headunit.

Thanks All

I Am Never Wrong, Just Often Mistaken......

Archived