I looked at DDM tuning and I found that kit...wow that really is just a simple swap. One question though...my headlights have a warning on them saying they are not HID compatible. Is this because it is not safe to install them for maybe heat reasons or something? Or is it so people know that they will need a proper conversion kit to run them?

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

How do you knOw to get the 55 or 35 watt kit

Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD

Rockford Fosgate T5001 bd-cp

2 DC level 2 12's

Focal Access Components in the front

Focal Access Coax in the rear doors

Rockford Fosgate Punch Boosted Rail 4 channel rms 4x75

XS Power D3400 under the hood

Knuconceptz Ultra Fleks Power & Ground

How do you knOw to get the 55 or 35 watt kit

You can probably find that information somewhere, especially for a newer car, but I would say it has to do with your wiring harness and how much of a load the wires for the lights can handle. If you want higher power lights, rewire your lights with some 12 AWG or something. Could be wrong so you may want to double check me.

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

most factory harnesses will handle up to 55w ballasts, if they dont u can hard wire in a relay (if u dont know how they work look at the12volt.com under relays, it will help u on down the road), 55w kids usally fade the colors more lighter than 35w (ddm has a color chart to show u what colors are what) and if u register to there support forum they will give u any help u need, and have some nice threads on hid issues

with your car not accepting hids, i read on my fog lights manual and they where halogens but i switched them to hids, and it said if mounted nere bumper its not reccomended because it can interfere with air bag sensor, i have yet to have any issues with this and has anyone else i know of to have hids

thats prolly a sign to tell u due to hids haveing a "hotter" heat than a halogen, in some cases my hids are not as hot as my halogens once where

some cars could use a harness to do something with codes so they will work

also ddm doesn't recomend useing hids in an application where u have day time driving lights as the lower voltage doesn't have enough power to "excite" the ballasts so could damage ballasts and what knot

now some cases u will need to remove the headlight assembly due to how its engineered to change the bulbs,

all of there kits are plug and play, but if u dont have any holes to put a bolt in to ground the ballasts, u might need to wire the ballasts together and run to battery neg, but im some cases thats all the "major" work u need to do

i love my hids, wished my stock housings where clear tho without the built in reflector thing

heres a pic of my fogs and headlights, headlights are 8000k, fogs are 5000k, both are 35w

DSCN2450.jpg

hope i haven't confused you, if u have any questions just ask

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Nope that was pretty helpful. I think I might just order the 5k HIDs for my headlights and maybe the 3k for the fogs for a JDM look. Although I'm still debating on the 55w lights. I want them, but I don't know if my car will power them enough or not. I love some bright ass lights. My headlight assembly is aftermarket and completely different from the original. Hope nothing melts...lol.

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

I didn't know there were plug and play HIDs haha. I thought it involved taking you headlight assembly apart and cutting/grinding the housing to custom fit an HID and then adjusting it appropriately and securing it. In other words, something I didn't want to get into lol.

What your refuring to is what meade did on the tahoe, Also known as a retro fit with HID projectors which is the "proper" way to do HID's

get 55 for ur headlights

35 for the fog lights, 55 would be pushing it in such a small assembly

i have 55 12k for brights and 35 3k for the brights :-)

Nice, have you seen a whiter (like 5-8k) HID compared to your 12k? What do you think as far as visibility and brightness? And yeah, I agree about the fogs haha.

I didn't know there were plug and play HIDs haha. I thought it involved taking you headlight assembly apart and cutting/grinding the housing to custom fit an HID and then adjusting it appropriately and securing it. In other words, something I didn't want to get into lol.

What your refuring to is what meade did on the tahoe, Also known as a retro fit with HID projectors which is the "proper" way to do HID's

Yeah, Meade did it and alot of others. What if I'm putting the HIDs into projector lenses? Is this going to be more proper? Also, is the cut off for the light on the lens or the bulb? That may be a dumb question, but my cutoff is so crappy. Ebay lights for the win!

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Another crazy idea of mine...what about 1k HID flashers? That would be sick. XD

Someone try this for me.

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Nice, have you seen a whiter (like 5-8k) HID compared to your 12k? What do you think as far as visibility and brightness? And yeah, I agree about the fogs haha.

like i mentioned the headlight assembly you put it in will affect the light out put, for mine for example if i put the 5k 55w hids in the integra with projectors its PURE WHITE, BUT i put them in the jimmy that DOESNT have projectors and it looks kinda white/small amount of yellowish light

the close you stay to the 5-6k's the brighter the light will be, for me the 12ks are still good. they are not blue but do have a tint to them.

Another crazy idea of mine...what about 1k HID flashers? That would be sick. XD

Someone try this for me.

you wont find hid's for your flashers unless u get LED's

another reason you dont find them for turn signals is because the HID's need around 10seconds to warm up before thy reach their brightest stage.

Edited by BeatBox