DC Sound Lab

Best suited amp to lvl5 18?

I honestly do not know why everyone is so set on advising people to throw a million watts to the level 5. Yes, they can definitely take more but it is obvious that the OP isn't looking at huge power levels, whether or not the drivers have been used and abused as such. I've thrown 4,000 watts plus to each of my BTLs but I still tell people to stick within reason.

I would suggest maybe a single NS-1 to power the both. Unless you're set on 2 amps, then go with the 2500D. Underrated and should be more than enough to pound those subs.

Maybe even a DC 5.0k should be nice

Edited by TeamHT

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Hummm, I see.... ill be running @ 0.7ohm so that will eek a little more power out of the 3500ds.

Box is 11cuft tuned to 29hz. Oh and its walled.

Id say 10cf tuned to 34. 29hz probably will sound like ass on most music. And as long as your electrical is stout why not have a lil powere in reserve after rise I doubt you will be getting anywhere close to 3500 w from a 3500. So go big to fight imp rise and maybe have some reserve

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I've had it tuned to 35 and that didn't sound nice tbh... halved the port to drop the tuning to 25hz and it sounded so much smother and controlled... also played a shed load flatter and louder on the TL.

Playing music... does impedance rise really matter.

Power supply Is two 250a alts externally regged, with 3 d3100s going in.

For me voltage and rise is a factor. When I rail on it with music driving and the rpms are up voltage stays at 15.8 if I'm at idle voltage drops to 14 -13 and amps start to clip as voltage drops which in turn makes subs smelly. Id like to have another 3k on tap to counter this

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.