Alternatives to the ipod/headunit combo

Is there headunit that can use a sd card but control it like a ipod? (ie break everything down on a sd card into artists,albums etc?) what about a headunit that you can hook up a external usb harddriver and break it down into artists,albums etc? Im just trying to look for the cheapest way to get a mass storage that I control from my headunit Idea's anyone?

2009 Buick Lucerne CXL, Sundown SAZ-3000d,Sundown SAX 100.4,2 Shuriken SK-BT80 (80ah batts),Mechman Custom Alt (specs to be determined),Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine I61-2,T3 Audio t2000 (2 12s) , JVC KWHDR720 (doubledin headunit w/iPhone adapter) , SecondSkin Damplifier Pro/ Speaker Tweakers......Build in progress but I have all equipment and Enclosure is going to be around 5 net @ 35hz

I've heard people talk about using a USB External Hard Drive, and Headunit with USB but is there any that can sort through the artist's/albums like a ipod?

2009 Buick Lucerne CXL, Sundown SAZ-3000d,Sundown SAX 100.4,2 Shuriken SK-BT80 (80ah batts),Mechman Custom Alt (specs to be determined),Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine I61-2,T3 Audio t2000 (2 12s) , JVC KWHDR720 (doubledin headunit w/iPhone adapter) , SecondSkin Damplifier Pro/ Speaker Tweakers......Build in progress but I have all equipment and Enclosure is going to be around 5 net @ 35hz

i have never heard of a HU actually reconizing an external HD through usb they are too big (in most cases) for the HU to be able to read a simple jump drive can be sorted into artists an albums but that has to do with how you put the files on the drive the HU doesnt do that automatically

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Ray used an external hard drive in one of his builds iirc.

Maybe post in Audio Innovations section asking about it

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Ray used an external hard drive in one of his builds iirc.

Maybe post in Audio Innovations section asking about it

yeah i waasnt 100% positive i just have never heard of one i am interested now cause i want a HU that has this feature

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

The Alpine CDA-117 has a USB dongle input specifically for that. It can search by artist/song/album but it's not the most intuitive to use. I have a 16GB USB card anout 55% full and it's had no issues with it.

The SQ is just amazing using USB input.

Big 3 with 1/0 welding cable, dual runs of 1/0 and 2gua F-R

DD 2512 D2 powered by Audioque 1200d at 1ohm, 2.5ft^3 ported to 36Hz

Boston SX 6.0 comps powered by Phoenix Gold M50 for front stage

Silver Flute 8" midbass in doors powered by Alpine 3539

Alpine CDA-117 HU

AVHP3300BT from pioneer

468x60drc.jpg