let me guess, try and push the caliper back and its got an assload of resistance but if you crack the bleeder on the caliper if goes back nice and easy? if thats the case, throw a set of brake hoses on it. I run into this at work all of the time on brake jobs.

And FYI, hoses and calipers should ALWAYS be replaced in pairs unless you like having a possible brake pull.

sounds about right once pressure is built up it wont budge until you open up the bleeder. thanks man ill throw a set of hoses on it tomorrow and replace that other caliper. i didnt know they should be replaced in pairs. learn something new everyday

if they don't have lines you can purchase pre bent, get you a cheap pipe cutter, and compression fittings. you can use sockets and hand strength lol. At my dads shop I had to replace every line on 99 century. pain in the ass

let me guess, try and push the caliper back and its got an assload of resistance but if you crack the bleeder on the caliper if goes back nice and easy? if thats the case, throw a set of brake hoses on it. I run into this at work all of the time on brake jobs.

And FYI, hoses and calipers should ALWAYS be replaced in pairs unless you like having a possible brake pull.

This statement is exactly what you need to do. I'm also a 16 year mechanic, if that counts for anything. Start with the basics, check hoses, etc....then bleed the shit out of them, better yet take it to a shop and have the system flushed its not expensive. It does not sound like the booster btw....not at all!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

This statement is exactly what you need to do. I'm also a 16 year mechanic, if that counts for anything. Start with the basics, check hoses, etc....then bleed the shit out of them, better yet take it to a shop and have the system flushed its not expensive. It does not sound like the booster btw....not at all!

My dumb ass overlooks the simple things and jumps to the worse possibility, Then again it makes knowing that its something simply really awesome lol

About how much would it cost to have the system flushed? Im pretty broke right now until i get paid so once i buy the caliper and lines and gas im tapped lol

considering how the square cut seals in a brake caliper are made, once you heat them up repeatedly from normal brake use and the seals start to harden some like all rubber does with age, when you shove a brand new caliper into the mix with an old one on the opposite side, the seals are not going to move and release the piston in the caliper the same. One will hang longer than the other causing the brake pads on side the caliper was not replaced on to drag longer therefore causing the brakes to pull to one direction.

Brake hoses generally start to collapse when they go bad and retain pressure but never collapse at the same rate. Replace only one and you will generally notice a pull that you didnt realize was there b4 due to the other hose creating the opposite pull from pressure retention.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

I know exactly how you feel man. Been turning wrenches professionally myself for over 20 years and i still get treated when offering advice around here like i dont know my head from my ass by these young know it all dumb fucks lol

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

James your BEST bet is to do what Kandi or Nine suggested... Thats almost 40 years experience between the 2 of them bro

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I know exactly how you feel man. Been turning wrenches professionally myself for over 20 years and i still get treated when offering advice around here like i dont know my head from my ass by these young know it all dumb fucks lol

Not here man, Any bit of knowledge i can absorb is greatly appreciated. I know a little about a lot but far from done learning

Thanks for the advice and ill be replacing them hoses and caliper tomorrow evening and see how that works out.

James your BEST bet is to do what Kandi or Nine suggested... Thats almost 40 years experience between the 2 of them bro

On it :drinks:

Some people appreciate free advice, some dont. But I know how you feel about know it all's, can be irritating at times, but I think the OP really is open to opinions. In our profession we are always learning new things so it's easy to be humble....not everyone has mastered that skill.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

another thing that is quite often over looked is the sliders for the break pads get dirty and the pads will hang up when ever you do a set of break pads clean the sliders and grease the metal side of the pad along with the sliders....

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator