Sundown Audio

aq2200 problems

ajwood76

i would check to see if your getting rca out put as well...with you having the remote wire shorted on the ground you could have also damaged the head unit as well...always use the proper size wire....good luck man

EDIT: sorry i didint really read what you were saying does anyone know what RCAs should be reading?

I can't remember but I think I said I changed the rcas out and still nothing. And yea I know but I had to make sure it was all good as I bought the amp used and he didn't have a was to hook it up. But thanks.

Edited by ajwood76

Actually I thought about and I just went and looked and at the wire that burnt up and it was a 5 gauge ground. I had a 8 gauge in there rite before I put this amp in.

5 gauge or 8 gauge, either way if it wasn't 1/0 its not enough for your application. mistakes like this are all part of learning but unfortunately sometimes learning is expensive lol

OUCH my man! you can get a mini phone jack to rca cable at walmart, plug into a phone and play music to test amp... But, more than likely it damaged the power supply of the amp... possibly some mosfets...

I hate to say it, but that was not a good move... you are trying it with a bigger ground wire now I hope?!

Actually I thought about and I just went and looked and at the wire that burnt up and it was a 5 gauge ground. I had a 8 gauge in there rite before I put this amp in.

5 gauge or 8 gauge, either way if it wasn't 1/0 its not enough for your application. mistakes like this are all part of learning but unfortunately sometimes learning is expensive lol

Yea man i know. i was just trying to get stuff done and i hear ya on that one luckily i only paid i think around 200 for it.

OUCH my man! you can get a mini phone jack to rca cable at walmart, plug into a phone and play music to test amp... But, more than likely it damaged the power supply of the amp... possibly some mosfets...

I hate to say it, but that was not a good move... you are trying it with a bigger ground wire now I hope?!

Yea i was gonna try that i have some laying around somewhere but havnt had time to look for them. Yea will make sure i have that 0 gauge before i get it hooked back up.

To be 100% honest with you, what's going through my head right now is "Why would he buy an amplifier that draws 200 amps of power when he doesn't even have the proper wiring to support it...?" There was probably so much resistance in your ground wire... that would explain why the ground wire was glowing orange and melted the casing of it. Like it was said earlier, something major was fried out... most likely in the power section. I would not open the case and look inside if I were you, unless you want a large paper weight. Most places will not even attempt to fix the amp if it's been opened. The first thing I would have done is to call AudioQue and ask them what to do. Do not attempt to fix the amp yourself unless you're an expert. And a reminder for future reference: If an amplifier has a certain gauge input, for example 0gauge, then that is what size should be used. I understand that you were checking to see if it worked since it's a used amp, but turning the amplifier gain up even past 1/4 was a bad idea. If it turned on and put out sound, then you should have waited to turn it up more until you had the appropriate gauge wiring.

Well i'm done rambling lol. I hope you know a little bit more now than you did when you hooked it up! Good luck with the amp :popcorn:

Sound Solutions Audio ZCON 18

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

Alpine/Pioneer mids & highs

4 group 34 agm batteries

Knukonceptz 3x0ga. terminals

Kicker/XS Power 0ga. wiring