Sonic Electronix

Take a DMM and measure the resistance of the subwoofers coils. Subtract the resistance from the leads of the DMM and you will find out what impedance the subwoofers are.

Your gain should be set according to the input voltage from the headunit. You will need to use a oscope or DD-1 to ensure you are not clipping. LPF should be set between 60-Eighty hertz, Subsonic should be set 5hz below box tuning, so roughly 30hz.

Run the largest wire that your amplifier will accept. Make sure the ground is good. Your electrical system is only as strong as it's weakest link. If possible, ground directly to the battery.

You need to order some 1/0awg wire and upgrade your big 3. It is very simple and takes no time at all.

Your not ready to run 4000wrms, so build your way up to it. Get a nice AGM battery or two, and purchase a reputable 1k-2kw amplifier. Work your way up to more power as you gain more experience and knowledge. There is no rush, you have all the time in the world :)

Not if it ends in 2012 !!! dun dun DUUUNNNN. just kidding yall. besides, we got at least another 1000 years after the apocalypse (:

ZOMBIES?

Take a DMM and measure the resistance of the subwoofers coils. Subtract the resistance from the leads of the DMM and you will find out what impedance the subwoofers are.

Your gain should be set according to the input voltage from the headunit. You will need to use a oscope or DD-1 to ensure you are not clipping. LPF should be set between 60-Eighty hertz, Subsonic should be set 5hz below box tuning, so roughly 30hz.

Run the largest wire that your amplifier will accept. Make sure the ground is good. Your electrical system is only as strong as it's weakest link. If possible, ground directly to the battery.

You need to order some 1/0awg wire and upgrade your big 3. It is very simple and takes no time at all.

Your not ready to run 4000wrms, so build your way up to it. Get a nice AGM battery or two, and purchase a reputable 1k-2kw amplifier. Work your way up to more power as you gain more experience and knowledge. There is no rush, you have all the time in the world :)

I'm a noob lol so here I shoot my questions.

What is a DMM(Digital multi meter) I believe that's right. But I don't know how to use one.

I have no clue what a oscope is or a DD-1. This amp only has a gain and a LPF button lol.

Well I have 1/0 wire running for the amp but I think the amp only accepts 4 gauge. I have the ground on where my spare tire sits. So I don't know if its safe or not.

I need to learn how to do the big 3 cause I have no clue how to do it.

I have no idea what AGM means.

Reputable I am guessing is a amp that can transfer the signal to another?

Thanks for your help.

A DMM is a Digital Multi Meter. It's very simple to use, and if you plan to continue in this hobby its a great tool to have.

Oscope is a shortened version of oscilloscope. The DD-1 is a Distortion Detecter than Tony D'Amore and Steve Meade have just released. It detects distortion, and clipping causes distortion. So it basically detects clipping as well. I believe that is how it works.

What brand 1/0 wire? Have you tested the resistance of your ground connection?

Yes, definitely learn how to do it. It's incredibly simple.

AGM is Absorbant Glass Mat, a type of battery.

By reputable, I mean an amplifier that is proven to do rated power. Maybe reputable isn't the word I was looking for lol.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

A DMM is a Digital Multi Meter. It's very simple to use, and if you plan to continue in this hobby its a great tool to have.

Oscope is a shortened version of oscilloscope. The DD-1 is a Distortion Detecter than Tony D'Amore and Steve Meade have just released. It detects distortion, and clipping causes distortion. So it basically detects clipping as well. I believe that is how it works.

What brand 1/0 wire? Have you tested the resistance of your ground connection?

Yes, definitely learn how to do it. It's incredibly simple.

AGM is Absorbant Glass Mat, a type of battery.

By reputable, I mean an amplifier that is proven to do rated power. Maybe reputable isn't the word I was looking for lol.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\//

My dad has a DMM but it doesn't show the graph and all that. Just numbers and stuff haha.

How much does this so called DD-1 cost?

Um this guy that knows a lot about car auido said I have the newest 1/0 wire. Its some QA wire. He said its good s*** lol.

So what battery would you suggest?

How would I know if its the proven to do a rated power?

Edited by DeathByWaffle

Do not get a lanzar amp either... What the hell? Lol this thread is getting bad!!!!!!!! Check your ground also, it should be grounded to something that goes directly to the cars frame, make sure the area is ground down to bare metal and that it not some crappy sheet metal or something. And you need to know what impedance your subs are wired at, that's pretty damn important, that could be a big problem

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Do not get a lanzar amp either... What the hell? Lol this thread is getting bad!!!!!!!! Check your ground also, it should be grounded to something that goes directly to the cars frame, make sure the area is ground down to bare metal and that it not some crappy sheet metal or something. And you need to know what impedance your subs are wired at, that's pretty damn important, that could be a big problem

That's what i was thinking about lanzar amps. I standed down where my ground is and it attached to the cars body so it should be fine.

Subs are wired in parallel/series

If the amp is not 1 ohm stable, that could be alot of the problem.

You got a very good point there my friend:) But I really want a amp that produces a good 2000 watts at 1 ohm. But I still have yet got the right one. Also lol. I know I shouldn't run it at 1 ohm

If the amp is not 1 ohm stable, that could be alot of the problem.

You got a very good point there my friend:) But I really want a amp that produces a good 2000 watts at 1 ohm. But I still have yet got the right one. Also lol. I know I shouldn't run it at 1 ohm

Someone might have some better ideas, but if your tight for money maybe do an amp like the Hifonics Brutus BRZ2100.1?

If you have some money though maybe do the Rockford Fosgate T1500 or a Sundown SAZ-2500D?

Just some ideas to think about, good luck man.