2007 Chevy Tahoe - Big JL Audio Build (IT'S DONE!!!!!!!!!)

I am totally tuned in the Tahoe is clean as hell and the M3 was sexy can't wait to see the finished product on the Hoe this should be interesting.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

First of all for the one JL hater up there, your thoughts are so irrational and unfounded I won't even bother to respond. Your entitled to your opinion...

Good to see another new-body Tahoe build. How did you actually remove the headliner completely, those wire harnesses are glued to it with some industrial-strength shit (at least on mine).

Thanks! yes those wires were a BITCH! We worked very carefully with a razor blade and ended up cutting most of the wire out of the electrical tape and leaving the tape glued to the headliner then just taping the wires back up. Ridiculous how strong that stuff was!

great start man, the headline must of been a pain huh.

Wasn't horrible, but read above, the wires were the most difficult part..

but on what you said:

"Your last statement is exactly my point, you can't compare an AA SMD18 to a W7. They are two totally different types of subwoofers, and while yes the SMD18 will blow the doors off a 13W7 in an SPL contest, I bet you in SQ the result is quite opposite. So to an SPL guy the W7 is a ripoff, to an SQ guy the SMD18 is a ripoff. Keep that in mind, different subs for different results The W7 is a great all around woofer and if you really think about it really isn't overpriced since it will give not only great SQ but also great SPL as well."

(multi quote isnt working for me for some reason) now i have not used or heard the w7 or the SMD, but im sure there are plenty of people who would argue your statement. i've heard people say the SMD is the best sounding 18 they have ever heard. ive heard people say that it sounds amazing. and given that it would beat a 13w7 in SPL (the 15" smd), that is also not what it was intended for. its not a SPL sub. i'd really like to hear steve's input on your post.

Someone else brought SMD subs into it, and I probably should not have expanded on it as I have not heard the SMD's so I really can't comment on their SQ ability. From every 18" sub I have ever heard, I have yet to hear one that I would consider an SQ sub hence why I bought into the SMD comparison. They seem like great subs and Steve has done some amazing things with them :) My point was to simply point out that there are different types of subs out there so to simply hate one because another does ONE thing better is just plain silly :) Someone said there are subs out there than can do EVERYTHING better than a W7 for a 1/3 of the price... Can't say I'm buying that...

Sorry no new pics yet, been super busy at work! Depending on this weekend might get some more done!

Evan

2007 Chevy Tahoe

24" Black Slides/Nitto 420S Tires, McG 2/3 Drop, K&N Intake, Blacked Out Grille, Smoked Tail Lights, 6,000K HID Low's/Fog's, LED Reverse & License Plate Lights, 15% 3M Tint

Audio:

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH, JL Audio ZR6.5" Components (Front and Rear), JL Audio ZR 8" Midbass (All 4 Doors in .75cu enclosures), JL Audio 13W7AE Subwoofers (2), JL Audio HD600/4 Amplifiers (4), JL Audio HD1200/1 Amplifiers (2), Audio Control DQXS, Audio Control DDC, DC Power XP300 Dual Alternator Kit, Optima Yellowtop Batteries (2), Shruiken BT120 Battery, JL Audio Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Premium RCA's, Etc, and a CRAZY ASS CUSTOM INSTALL!

UBL Thread:

2007 Chevy Tahoe - Big JL Audio Build

2006 BMW M3 (800HP Turbo)(Sold)

Digital Designs Setup

Sponsored By: Serious Autosport

i used to have JL entry subs on my last car ...they were alot better sounding than any other subwoofers that i have owned to this point .....with that being said nice build and u have a really clean truck may i ask what is the all around drop height and rim size ??

cowboys_logo.gif

i used to have JL entry subs on my last car ...they were alot better sounding than any other subwoofers that i have owned to this point .....with that being said nice build and u have a really clean truck may i ask what is the all around drop height and rim size ??

Dropped 2" Front and 3" rear with 24" Wheels and 295/35/24 Tires

Loving the tahoe, super clean!

Thanks!

love the rims

Thanks! They have gotten very popular, but I love them too much to switch out.

Love the build, Im a JL fan myself. Ill be sure to stay tuned into this build.

Thanks!

2007 Chevy Tahoe

24" Black Slides/Nitto 420S Tires, McG 2/3 Drop, K&N Intake, Blacked Out Grille, Smoked Tail Lights, 6,000K HID Low's/Fog's, LED Reverse & License Plate Lights, 15% 3M Tint

Audio:

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH, JL Audio ZR6.5" Components (Front and Rear), JL Audio ZR 8" Midbass (All 4 Doors in .75cu enclosures), JL Audio 13W7AE Subwoofers (2), JL Audio HD600/4 Amplifiers (4), JL Audio HD1200/1 Amplifiers (2), Audio Control DQXS, Audio Control DDC, DC Power XP300 Dual Alternator Kit, Optima Yellowtop Batteries (2), Shruiken BT120 Battery, JL Audio Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Premium RCA's, Etc, and a CRAZY ASS CUSTOM INSTALL!

UBL Thread:

Digital Designs Setup

the hoe looks awesome man! Great wheel choice, not too big, not too small. This is going to be a sexy build for sure. Looks like you have a good start! don't stop!

the M3..... I'm fucking jealous, period lol. I've loved M3s since the 97-98 body style, dina super chargers mmmmmm. Sexy car man!

Worked on the truck this weekend. Still nothing exciting, just more Hushmat! Been having a problem with my A/C leaking (which I found out is common), I actually spent most of the day pulling the dash apart to try and solve the issue, but I did get some sound deadening down after...

Jamin' out to some music with our "Rolling Theater Golf Cart" (Usually has a projector on the back to display PS3 or movies on any flat wall...)

ata_4934.jpg

ata_4935.jpg

Seats and Console Out:

ata_4936.jpg

ata_4939.jpg

Dash Apart (YIKES!)

dash.jpg

Sound Deadening For The Day (Ultra Mat and some Megabond Foam as well):

ata_4940.jpg

My AudioControl DQXS and DDC did arrive as well!

aq.jpg

Regards,

Evan

2007 Chevy Tahoe

Audio:

UBL Thread:

Digital Designs Setup

Archived