2007 Chevy Tahoe - Big JL Audio Build (IT'S DONE!!!!!!!!!)

Hey Guys,

Though I'd start a "Build Thread" for my big audio project in my Tahoe. This is going to be my first big audio build. I have done systems in past cars, just never gone quite this crazy. I work for an aftermarket shop that does a lot of car audio so its hard not to get sucked in :) This build is going to be an "all around system". Its not specific to SPL or SQ, but I hope it ends up sounds damn good and damn loud! My last system was a Digital Designs system in my M3 and it was loud for a trunk car, but looking to do something different on this one...

First thank you to my sponsors Serious Autosport (www.seriousautosport.com), JL Audio (www.JLAudio), Audio Control (www.audiocontrol.com) and Hushmat (www.hushmat.com).

This will be a very slow build as I will be doing this in my spare time after work and on Sundays, plus I am no master installer (I am a manager) so I will need the help of our installers for some of the custom parts and they are SLAMMED busy (< Not complaining :)). So bare with me, but enjoy the progress pictures as they come :)

Component List:

-Clarion NX501 Nav Headunit

-JL Audio ZR 8" Midbass Woofers (1 in each door = 4 Total)

-JL Audio ZR 6.5" Component Woofer (1 in each door = 4 Total)

-JL Audio ZR 1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter (1 in each door = 4 Total)

-JL Audio 13W7AE Subwoofers (2)

-JL Audio HD600/4 Amplifiers (2) (Powering 6.5" Component Sets)

-JL Audio HD750/1 Amplifiers (2) (Powering Midbass Woofers)

-JL Audio HD1200/1 Amplifers (2) (1 On Each Sub)

-Audio Control DQXS Digital Equalizer/Crossover

-Audio Control DDC (Digital Dash Control)

-Optima Yellow Top Batteries (2 Up Front)

-Shuriken BT120 Battery (1 In Back)

-DC Power SP270Amp Dual Alternator Kit

-Hushmat Sound Deadening Mat and Foam

-JL Audio Power Wire, Speaker Wire and Premium (Blue) RCA's.

The Truck:

ata_2779.jpg

ata_2784.jpg

Photos of Build:

10/8/2011: Progress so far has just been gutting the truck and laying down the Hushmat (Up to the back of the front seats so far... Next up is the roof!)

ata_4845.jpg

ata_4846.jpg

ata_4847.jpg

jlpic.jpg

2007 Chevy Tahoe

24" Black Slides/Nitto 420S Tires, McG 2/3 Drop, K&N Intake, Blacked Out Grille, Smoked Tail Lights, 6,000K HID Low's/Fog's, LED Reverse & License Plate Lights, 15% 3M Tint

Audio:

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH, JL Audio ZR6.5" Components (Front and Rear), JL Audio ZR 8" Midbass (All 4 Doors in .75cu enclosures), JL Audio 13W7AE Subwoofers (2), JL Audio HD600/4 Amplifiers (4), JL Audio HD1200/1 Amplifiers (2), Audio Control DQXS, Audio Control DDC, DC Power XP300 Dual Alternator Kit, Optima Yellowtop Batteries (2), Shruiken BT120 Battery, JL Audio Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Premium RCA's, Etc, and a CRAZY ASS CUSTOM INSTALL!

UBL Thread:

2007 Chevy Tahoe - Big JL Audio Build

2006 BMW M3 (800HP Turbo)(Sold)

Digital Designs Setup

Sponsored By: Serious Autosport

Not a fan of jl but looks like a great build coming, truck looks sick for sure!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Not a fan of jl but looks like a great build coming, truck looks sick for sure!

The main reason I choose JL Audio (over the full Rockford Fosgate or Brax/Helix sponsorship I was offered) is to prove a point to those who dislike JL just like you :) Why? Because I was that person a few years back. You would always hear "over priced", "paying for the name", etc., etc. out of my mouth when talking to friends and customers when referring to JL Audio. After working for the shop I do for the last few years, visiting JL Audio, listening to all the different builds we have done (SQ, SPL and everyday), and really getting my hands on ALL of the products they make, I have been converted and will happily admit I was WRONG. The systems I had heard in the past did the company and its products no justice. They are by no means the LOUDEST woofers or the BEST sounding speakers, BUT done right they make an amazing top shelf product that is well worth the price the command.

Thanks for your comment and enjoy the build though, I'm sure I will :)

Evan

2007 Chevy Tahoe

24" Black Slides/Nitto 420S Tires, McG 2/3 Drop, K&N Intake, Blacked Out Grille, Smoked Tail Lights, 6,000K HID Low's/Fog's, LED Reverse & License Plate Lights, 15% 3M Tint

Audio:

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH, JL Audio ZR6.5" Components (Front and Rear), JL Audio ZR 8" Midbass (All 4 Doors in .75cu enclosures), JL Audio 13W7AE Subwoofers (2), JL Audio HD600/4 Amplifiers (4), JL Audio HD1200/1 Amplifiers (2), Audio Control DQXS, Audio Control DDC, DC Power XP300 Dual Alternator Kit, Optima Yellowtop Batteries (2), Shruiken BT120 Battery, JL Audio Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Premium RCA's, Etc, and a CRAZY ASS CUSTOM INSTALL!

UBL Thread:

Digital Designs Setup

I can respect your decision and i too have not heard a great jl system so maybe after this build I Kay change my mind lol

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

yup probably one of the sickest tahoes's... im jealous!

head-unit: pioneer avh p-4300DVD

2 Fi btl n2 18's

1 dc audio 5k

1 dc audio 175.4

4 sets of fusion CP-CM50 components

1 mechman 270 amp alt

3 XS Power D3400

80 Mil Sound Deadener by audio technix

all in my 2003 chevy suburban.

ooooops.

double post

head-unit: pioneer avh p-4300DVD

2 Fi btl n2 18's

1 dc audio 5k

1 dc audio 175.4

4 sets of fusion CP-CM50 components

1 mechman 270 amp alt

3 XS Power D3400

80 Mil Sound Deadener by audio technix

all in my 2003 chevy suburban.

thats an awesome lookin hoe. intrested to see what you do with the JL stuff

have you decided what kind of tuning and box design your going to use?

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Pictures of the M3, please. :)

Here are a few :) (It only had those stickers on it for a photoshoot)

3839759693_7d0ffdbf50_o.jpg

3840571824_208507d45a_o.jpg

3840571876_7b8338484f_o.jpg

3843777208_8719235d21_o.jpg

ddm3sub.jpg

Video When It Dynoed:

I can respect your decision and i too have not heard a great jl system so maybe after this build I Kay change my mind lol

Sounds good!

yup probably one of the sickest tahoes's... im jealous!

Thank you, I apprecaite it :) Simple & Clean! The system will follow suit, this will not be a big box in the trunk system, everything will be custom!

thats an awesome lookin hoe. intrested to see what you do with the JL stuff

have you decided what kind of tuning and box design your going to use?

Have not 100% decided. Working with my installer and JL Audio to come up with the final box design, but I do know it will be ported...

Regards,

Evan

2007 Chevy Tahoe

Audio:

UBL Thread:

Digital Designs Setup

Archived