Second Skin Audio

4th or 6th for one 10"

alright guys so i want to try something new and go a different route with enclosures. i dont know too much about 4th and 6th orders so help me out. im still deciding on which 10" to go with for my brz1200. but for now lets say an fi ssd10. what hits lower a 4th or 6th? which has more output?

they both have great sq and great output.

however a 6th order is more difficult to tune and requires more math. there are fewer people that can help with 6th orders.

4th orders are great sounding boxes and are super efficient.

a correct 6th order can be way better overall if done right. but if done wrong it can be a complete waste of money.

check out the12volt.com and go to the enclosures part and read up on what he has to say. its a little more in depth

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

thanks train. so who ever is reading this can anyone help me out with a design for a 4th? in kinda room limited and im assuming 6th orders are bigger.

I can help you pm me your goals and max dimensions and the specs on he sub

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

thanks train. so who ever is reading this can anyone help me out with a design for a 4th? in kinda room limited and im assuming 6th orders are bigger.

i can help you as well. i have a 4th order in my truck and it plays stupid low with alot of output. its got amazing sq i actually prefer them to ported boxes. so if space is available i would definitely do all i can to make one. im going to try out a 6th order in the future as well and i can pm how it works out.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

i can help you as well. i have a 4th order in my truck and it plays stupid low with alot of output. its got amazing sq i actually prefer them to ported boxes. so if space is available i would definitely do all i can to make one. im going to try out a 6th order in the future as well and i can pm how it works out.

sound good man let me know how that 6th works out!

sound good man let me know how that 6th works out!

will do. first i gotta get the Tline down

ah ya thats one other enclosure i was considering but they big lol

yeah they can get out of hand lol. im gonna play with a few in my dads cherokee cause its big enough to do basically everything. and just see how they sound. then ill work on the size issue