Second Skin Audio

Which should I buy?

SpawnZ

Either way it's a bunch of bad advice, I'd just put off for a while on everything. And op you don't want a custom made box before you know what dubs your running! That's the point! Boxes should be made according to the subs your going to run and the car they are going in

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

I really do like CVX's box design, and I'm not purchasing anything right away, unless it would be this custom box. I wish I would've saw your box Hitman, I'm sure it would've been fine.

I do appreciate all the reply's though, everyone's been extremely helpful.

CVX, is there anyway I could pay you to build it for me?

if you lived in iowa i'd be more than happy to build it for you, but since you live all the way in ohio, shipping the monster would be a bitch.

i'm currently living in a college dorm, so not much i can do. i'm sure there's some carpenters out in your area that would have no problem building a box for you.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I really do like CVX's box design, and I'm not purchasing anything right away, unless it would be this custom box. I wish I would've saw your box Hitman, I'm sure it would've been fine.

if you lived in iowa i'd be more than happy to build it for you, but since you live all the way in ohio, shipping the monster would be a bitch.

i'm currently living in a college dorm, so not much i can do. i'm sure there's some carpenters out in your area that would have no problem building a box for you.

Shipping wouldn't be too bad... you're only a few states away. Id be happy to pay for it

Shipping wouldn't be too bad... you're only a few states away. Id be happy to pay for it

hmm... i hate to turn down money, but i couldn't get your box to you anytime soon. it would more than likely be almost a month before i could get it to you. and i'm still not sure how i'd ship it. like i said i'm living in a dorm right now, and all of my tools are back home 2 hours away. i could go home and do it over the weekends, but that would take a couple weekends to do, and there's a home game here next week that i'd like to go to.

i'd check around locally to see if there's any carpenters that would do that for you. otherwise i'd probably have to ask about 220 bucks plus shipping

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

hmm... i hate to turn down money, but i couldn't get your box to you anytime soon. it would more than likely be almost a month before i could get it to you. and i'm still not sure how i'd ship it. like i said i'm living in a dorm right now, and all of my tools are back home 2 hours away. i could go home and do it over the weekends, but that would take a couple weekends to do, and there's a home game here next week that i'd like to go to.

i'd check around locally to see if there's any carpenters that would do that for you. otherwise i'd probably have to ask about 220 bucks plus shipping

Alright, I'll check around a bit. I'll get back to you if I can't find anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

I searched around and decided I would go with 2 12" Fi BL's instead of the Q's as I'm going for SPL.

Then I proceeded to find someone that could build me a box.

I stumbled upon www.davetheboxguy.com and he gave me a nice quote on a custom box.

My new box is tuned to about 33hz.

I appreciate everyone's help in this thread, thanks again.

• 2 months later...

Well, it's been awhile since this post. I've actually learned quite a lot since I've joined these forums. This is a wonderful community full of creativity and pure awesome.

I just wanted to post another update. I decided to go with two 12" BTLS's instead of the BL's.

almost.png

The only thing I find weird about the tracking website is the weight, ah well. I'm pumped!

Time to sleep.

Archived