Second Skin Audio

Which should I buy?

SpawnZ

just get anything you feel happy buying theres alot of people that say buy this or buy that just get what you want trust ill go with 2 kicker l7 15s lol for your set up

i thought thats the reason he posted the thread <_<

It is lol, I wan't peoples opinions and past experiences on this.

I've never really heard of Fi, how should I configure this to make it a great SPL sub?

that's what meade used to run in his tahoe. they were BTL's but regardless, they were the same brand. and provided that you already had an appropriate amplifier for the L7's, you shouldn't need to do anything, other than change the color of the dust cap if you wanted.

but feel free to click the 'tech' link. it pretty much explains everything.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

just get anything you feel happy buying theres alot of people that say buy this or buy that just get what you want trust ill go with 2 kicker l7 15s lol for your set up

I've never really heard of Fi, how should I configure this to make it a great SPL sub?

alrite i see what the problem is ur lacking knowledge about equipment <- that is not an insult.

before u go out and buy all this stuff for ur car do some research on here first ull be amazed at what u learn

alrite i see what the problem is ur lacking knowledge about equipment <- that is not an insult.

before u go out and buy all this stuff for ur car do some research on here first ull be amazed at what u learn

Trust me, I've been looking around for awhile now. & I'm running a colossus. Like I said before, I just don't wanna screw up and get crappy subs again. I also don't wanna spend all of my money.

I'm trying to decide between 2 l7 12's and two of these fi subs.

Trust me, I've been looking around for awhile now. & I'm running a colossus. Like I said before, I just don't wanna screw up and get crappy subs again. I also don't wanna spend all of my money.

well now its pretty much just a brand war but whatever you pick you wont be disappointed they both make great subs.

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

save some money and get a better sub. those FI's are rated 1500 RMS and will easily handle more power (provided it's clean, unclipped power)

those L7's HATE the low notes. the FI's LOVE the low notes, and the high notes. again look at the "tech" link, they will give you box dimensions and recommended tuning.

hell with the money you save, you can pay someone to build you a box, and be MUCH better off than if you went prefab.

also, what amp are you running?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

save some money and get a better sub. those FI's are rated 1500 RMS and will easily handle more power (provided it's clean, unclipped power)

those L7's HATE the low notes. the FI's LOVE the low notes, and the high notes. again look at the "tech" link, they will give you box dimensions and recommended tuning.

hell with the money you save, you can pay someone to build you a box, and be MUCH better off than if you went prefab.

also, what amp are you running?

Said above I'm using a Hifonics Colossus.

I'll probably look into the FI's. Thanks for letting me know about them and the tech page :D

and why not just buy this,

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Audio-And-Video/ATREND-12-DUAL-VENTED-SUB-ENCLOSURE-BOX-2.5-CU-FT/12DV2.5.aspx

Besides it not saying what it's tuned to... is there an easy way to calculate it?

Archived