Second Skin Audio

Which should I buy?

SpawnZ

If you don't want to sound like shot I wouldn't get ANY of the above man. Spend a few days on the forum and learn a little more before you buy anything. Most of us make our own boxes here because that prefab shit is usually tuned horribly and not even the right airspace. Plus kicker solobarics are not exactly known for sounding good

that is one of the coolest comment i have seen telling some1 to get better stuff with out being a dick ...great reply man

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

I appreciate all of this btw.

But why shouldn't a cap be used? (I've never had one)

because they put a lot more strain on your system then they help. a capacitor might draw power for a minute, then release all the juice it just stored for a mere 10 seconds of heavy bass. then the cycle starts over again. you're much better off with a deep cycle battery.

for your system, at a MINIMUM, i would put an xspower D3100 up front replacing your stock battery.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

because they put a lot more strain on your system then they help. a capacitor might draw power for a minute, then release all the juice it just stored for a mere 10 seconds of heavy bass. then the cycle starts over again. you're much better off with a deep cycle battery.

for your system, at a MINIMUM, i would put an xspower D3100 up front replacing your stock battery.

Gotcha, I'll probably look into that battery in the near-future.

First I gotta get a design from one of you guys and find someone to build me a box lol.

you either have the big 3 or don't lol. if you grounded your battery and engine with 0awg, and took a strand of 0 awg from the alt to the battery, then you have done the big 3.

i'm almost done drawing your box, will post pics shortlyish

hey would u mind checkin my math for me 16x38x18 with a port 5x5x11

i havent done the math on a box that small in forever lol

Port area is a tad small, 25sqin for an enclosure that is 5cubes before displacements... And you mention you want it tuned to 28hz/30hz. Any reason why?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Gotcha, I'll probably look into that battery in the near-future.

First I gotta get a design from one of you guys and find someone to build me a box lol.

in all honesty buiulding a box is alot simpler than u think all u need is a measuring tape a straight edge a curcular saw and a drill and some screws and glue

Archived