Sonic Electronix

I just bought a 2011 Ford Ranger XLT and I was wondering what kind of sub configuration options I may have in this truck with the small amount of backseat area it has. At this time though, I'm not about to sawzall a brand new truck, more so or less I'm just trying to see sub config options I have back there.

2012 Ford Ranger:

Build comming soon!

• Kenwood DNX-6160
  • DC 175.4
  • 2 sets of O2 AR63 3-way Comps

Ive got a regular cab s10 and I have the same problem. I have 1 (at the moment) Power Acoustik Thin 13 which is a low profile 13in sub. I literally just ordered my second one. they're pretty decent. you wont be winning any awards for spl with them but if you want extra bass in your truck they work great. other than that if you have the extra cash get some Rockford Fosgate P3SD212 they're a lot more expensive though. I've provided links to each sub

Edited by theTank77

my brother had 3 12"s in a 07 ranger ext cab it hit pretty good and didnt have to cut anything.... i do know if you fire the subs at the floor wth a spacer so the subs dont hit the floor board it seems to hit best i think his sounded best with the 2 hifoincs brutus 12"S on a brz 1600 in a slot ported Bbox myself he liked the 3 kenwood 12"S tho..lol shouldnt be to bad u just have to lean the pass seat all the way up to get a box in there

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

my brother had 3 12"s in a 07 ranger ext cab it hit pretty good and didnt have to cut anything.... i do know if you fire the subs at the floor wth a spacer so the subs dont hit the floor board it seems to hit best i think his sounded best with the 2 hifoincs brutus 12"S on a brz 1600 in a slot ported Bbox myself he liked the 3 kenwood 12"S tho..lol shouldnt be to bad u just have to lean the pass seat all the way up to get a box in there

Yea, if I can manage to make it fit I think I'm going to go with 2 lvl 4 15s with 5 parts if it'll fit.

2012 Ford Ranger:

Build comming soon!

• Kenwood DNX-6160
  • DC 175.4
  • 2 sets of O2 AR63 3-way Comps

Yea, if I can manage to make it fit I think I'm going to go with 2 lvl 4 15s with 5 parts if it'll fit.

that may be a tight sqeeze make sure you have at least 18" wall to seat so they will fit wth a box and that ur at least 33"wide and you can make up box size by goin taller

Edited by extremeauto

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

4cuft back there and still room to side fire the port.

Im gonna attempt 2 15's in mine very soon.

If i can get enough power for them.

Doesnt take a lot in that small cab.

Ive done 2 type r 12's on 1kw ported did a 146 daily.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz