BigSix's beater Jeep budget build... The Jeep is no more. See pg 9 for update

Hey, fantastic work my man! Does that Brutus of yours ever get hot?

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Hey, fantastic work my man! Does that Brutus of yours ever get hot?

Itll get warm a bit....but never has it gotten hot on me or went into protect, I was running it at a .65 nominal loaded on the 18, and the nominal load it is seeing on the sundowns is really close to .5. As long as your electrical is stout, the BRZ series can handle .5 no problem, especially when you factor in rise, makes for a lil safety headroom. I run it at that load for 45 minutes straight on my way to and from work mon thru fri at full tilt pretty much the entire way....it eats it up.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Good stuff man.. just went thru it all.

Will follow since im a jeep owner also.

thanks for the props, and be sure to keep tuned in as Ill be doing another build for the new sundowns within the next week and I am now considering upping the power level as well, If I got with another amp, the BRZ1700 seen here will go up for sale in the classifieds here.

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

murder4.jpg

I really like the flat black on the jeep! I've been thinking about having mine painted flat black or matt black. :good:

there is some VERY hard headed people out there. Anyone who says a DD-1 isnt necessary is also saying an O-scope isnt necessary. Anyone who says an O-scope IN THE MINIMUM isnt necessary, is a noob. Forget the DD-1 for a minute, any reputable installer will at LEAST use an O-scope. Those guys in that thread are clowns. Hard headed clowns.

Box is laid out and finalized....subs up port back in the center, ~30hz tune......gonna have nice flushmount going on, on top of a dbl baffle.....desighn looks awesome great design from my boy 412...bummer is the cut sheet looks like a nightmare...over 2 dozen pieces and cuts..buts gonna be killer.

Maybe I can get cvx to throw up a lil teaser...will be starting the box this weekend..

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Nice build just went through all of it lol I like the battery idea I might give it a try, if you get a chance check out my 97 Cherokee

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/build-logs/103644-bassballers-cherokee.html

97 cherokee

2x 15 ns v1@32h

crescendo 5500 (soon to b ns-1)

xs d3100's

Thats a sweet Jeep youve got there. I can't wait to see how your new box turns out. I'll definatly stay tuned into this build, I also have a Jeep Cherokee ('99). I've just got a quick question, what alternator are you running?

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

Thats a sweet Jeep youve got there. I can't wait to see how your new box turns out. I'll definatly stay tuned into this build, I also have a Jeep Cherokee ('99). I've just got a quick question, what alternator are you running?

Im using an alternator from a late 90s V8 Grand Cherokee, it is 140amp vs the stock Cherokees 117, price was the same, but you do have to do a bit of grinding on the bracket in order for it to fit as the case itself is slightly larger in diameter than the stocker, Other than that its a pretty direct swap...

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Archived