Sonic Electronix

Auto Body and Paint guys i need you ASAP

Alright well im in the process of redoing my box... I painted it with some cheap ass car paint you get at mejiers. I need to do some bodo work on it so im sanding it down.

My question is. Do i need to sand the paint all the way off to get the bondo to stick properly or do i just need to sand it really well with some 60grit?

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

U can scuff it up.... I've put bondo to fill very small holes ontop of paint sanded with 1000 wet never had a problem

if u don't want glue a stuff to show on the paint use a white base house paint too then spray paint a bright color ontop

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Why in the hell would you sand with 1000 grit and paint over top of it?..it will never stick if you do that.

If the paint is bonded good that you have, then you can scuff it up with 220..throw some Upol high build primer (you can get it in a rattle can if you do not have a spray gun, otherwise it's a catalyzed primer that's about 90 bucks or so a gallon) on it and block it down with 400 and 600 wet, then you can throw color back on it.

Also..don't waste your time with anything your are painting and using shitty bondo, Evercoat rage gold or rage extreme is the only way to go in fillers these days, everything else is junk and cracks off over time.

Any finer then 600 grit color will not stick to primer...

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Archived