Sonic Electronix

Back in the day Phoenix Gold used to be one of the heavy hitters, then they fell off for awhile like every other big name they got money hungry and with cheap with their builds they were bought by AAMP of America not to long ago (If you don't know AAMP of America they own JL Audio, Stinger, PAC, SoundQuest and a few others) and they scrapped the old line and reinvented what the product use to mean. Their newer stuff is amazing the SD amps are beautiful, do rated power and their subs are solid they definitely resurrected themselves with their newer stuff. I heard a system recently that had two 12" R3's on a Ti1500.1 and PG mids/highs on a SD500.4 and I was rather impressed.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Back in the day Phoenix Gold used to be one of the heavy hitters, then they fell off for awhile like every other big name they got money hungry and with cheap with their builds they were bought by AAMP of America not to long ago (If you don't know AAMP of America they own JL Audio, Stinger, PAC, SoundQuest and a few others) and they scrapped the old line and reinvented what the product use to mean. Their newer stuff is amazing the SD amps are beautiful, do rated power and their subs are solid they definitely resurrected themselves with their newer stuff. I heard a system recently that had two 12" R3's on a Ti1500.1 and PG mids/highs on a SD500.4 and I was rather impressed.

That isn't what I remember of Phoenix Gold... They were heavy hitters at the flea market maybe as they were on the level of Earthquake, Lanzar, Pyle, Crunch, and the like. Maybe it was before my time (92 and up).

hi guys just wondering what you think about the phoenix gold car audio? is it any good??

Phoenix Gold Octane-R 2.0:1 - Amplifier - 2-channel: The Octane-R series is it any good and i cannot find how many watts this thing is!!

First hit on Google... http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3706_Phoenix-Gold-R2.0-1-Octane-R-2.0-1.html

2 ohms power output: 200 watts peak / 175 watts RMS

4 ohms power output: 150 watts peak / 100 watts RMS

Peak? haha

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin