Foo Fighters - Saw 'em last night!

Attended the show last night in Phoenix. My fiance' got me some BAD-ASS tix where we were like 10 feet from the band. These guys put on a hell of a show. I've probably been to 50 plus concerts and a few of them are stand-outs. I attended the Metallica concert with Meade a few years back (thanks bro!) and I was really impressed at how crowd friendly Metallica is. I had never seen a band that was so appreciative of their fans, this was what impressed me most about Metallica - until last night. You just have to see the Foo Fighters in person to see what I'm talkin' about. I felt like we were all invited to hang out with them after the show was over.

Their performance was stellar. They just flat out rocked for in excess of 3 hours - nobody does that but Rush and Pink Floyd. Not only did they nail all their best tunes, but they hit the ball out of the park with a cover of a Pink Floyd's "In the Flesh" - I'm not sure I've EVER heard this song played better or harder! They also covered some Tom Petty and that was nearly as awesome. The sounded GREAT, the light show was AWESOME and really fit their style - my hat's off to them for coming up with something really original in this regards.

Here's where they rank in my all time favorite shows:

#1 - Pink Floyd, Momentary Lapse of Reason Tour, Dortmund, West Germany, 1988

#2 - Lenny Kravitz, in the House of Blues at the Mandalay, Las Vegas, 2001 (nobody plays louder or cleaner than Lenny - easily 10 dB louder than any show I've attended! This was SO loud it was scary at times.)

#3 - Foo Fighters, US Airways in Phoenix, AZ - October, 2011

#4 - Pink Floyd, The Division Bell Tour, Vanderbilt Stadium in Nashville, TN - 1994

I'd go see them again in a second! If they're coming to your town - you'd be well advised to buy tix!

Thanks Julie! You're the BEST!

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif