Sonic Electronix

I noticed in another thread a member named Skullz posted the following...

"If your wanting a more sq set-up then the jl will be the better choice.

If your wanting a more spl set-up then the AQ may be the better choice but it all comes down to how well the enclosure suits the sub that will make the actual difference."

My question is...exactly what does he mean by SQ Set-Up Vs. SPL set-up??

Thanks for taking the time to explain what everyone else here already knows to me.

Sq means sound quality whereas spl means sound pressure level. Subs aren't cut and dry nice sounding or loud. A lot of sq is subjective. My ssa zcon is very loud and I love the way it sounds.

SQ isn not subjective at all.

SQ vehicles sound the way the producer intended the music to sound.

It doesn't has to sound flat, but it can.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

SQ isn't subjective. The RTA is what makes it non subjective.

The person who posted that threw around the terms, but they really had no basis. The W6 isn't a 'SQ' driver. It's a normal sub just like the AQ SD2.5. When I say normal, it means that there really isn't anything that makes it much different than any other driver.... Other than that 2.75" Voice coil. They both have the potential to sound decent, and they both have the potential to create Sound pressure. (SPL) It is the application (Or box) that you put them in that dictates their SPL or their SQ.

The person who posted that threw around the terms, but they really had no basis. The W6 isn't a 'SQ' driver. It's a normal sub just like the AQ SD2.5. When I say normal, it means that there really isn't anything that makes it much different than any other driver.... Other than that 2.75" Voice coil. They both have the potential to sound decent, and they both have the potential to create Sound pressure. (SPL) It is the application (Or box) that you put them in that dictates their SPL or their SQ.

Actually the W6 is a SQ subwoofer, the W7 is used less in SQ setups.

It's not anything like a audioque sub at all.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

It does seem to have a pretty low rated Frequency Response, lower than I think is accurate. Which is a factor to a good sounding woofer. That in addition to a high impedance voice coil, which lowers THD. I'd put a sub with an underhung single 4 voice coil up against the W6 any day.... But that's just me. I've never seen a w6 in a SQ competition. Been to a few now. I think what I'm getting at is that the W6 isn't a successful competitor in the SQ arena, therefor I wouldn't go as far to call it a 'true' SQ woofer. I could be completely out of line though...

RTA meaning?? Sorry for all the questions.