Second Skin Audio

BTL N2 18 box design

Looks good id lose the verticle 45s and use a horizontal one on bottom across from port. Just my opinion. Mite hit you up for a design for my 4 18s and see what you come up with

true true. i guess if you wanted to go all out you could just add the horizontal 45 across the bottom and keep the vertical ones as well. i'd be up for doing 4 18's. let me know!

thanks!

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Here's the sketchup model if anybody wants to measure things themselves.

Edited by 412 CVX

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I really like that look. I wish I had 2 18s for this box. Hopefully I can get a pair around tax time. I like the huge port. Very good job. How many sheets of mdf would this take?

hahah a shit ton. hold up let me get a cutsheet made

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

[4] 38x32

[2] 27.75x32

[2] 27.75x38

[1] 25.5x19

[1] 25.5x2

[2] 10.75x27.75 with a 19.75x2 rectangle cut out of one corner(this is the L shaped piece)

[4] 1.5 inch diameter dowels

then use the scraps for the 45's

Edited by 412 CVX

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

anybody that's good at math wanna figure out how many sheets this would take? i'm thinking like 4-5

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

box looks ok, but Im hating the port..

the port should be the width of the entire box (and not as tall), using 3 common wall

Or it should be made the entire height of the box and use 2 common walls

Putting the port right in the middle causes lots of dead air space and usually hurts numbers.

IE:

Your box is externally 38w

So your port should be 36.5Wide by 5.25High, which comes out to 191.62 sq inches of port (vs the old 192 sq inches or port you currently have).

So not only will you be making the box have less obstructions, you will be saving time not having to cut all the sides of the port, when you can just use the sides of the box, and have almost idenical SQ inches of port, same port length, same port tuning, and saving wood, and cutting time.

IE:

Your box is externally 38w

So your port should be 36.5Wide by 5.25High, which comes out to 191.62 sq inches of port (vs the old 192 sq inches or port you currently have).

So not only will you be making the box have less obstructions, you will be saving time not having to cut all the sides of the port, when you can just use the sides of the box, and have almost idenical SQ inches of port, same port length, same port tuning, and saving wood, and cutting time.

Good input. Do you also design boxes?