Sundown Audio

I got this amp for $80 is it good ?

daniel1204

I was going to run 2 cheap Amos for 2 subs that are 500w Rms dvc 4 ohm coils so on this amp it will be at 1 ohm the 2 Amps are 300w Rms at 2 ohm so this will be good but it has some weird adjustments can you tell me what they do ??

I Am Never Wrong, Just Often Mistaken......

You got the amp for $80 what amp is it? What brand

Edit sorry you posted the link be for I finished my post

Edited by DK99

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

You might want to reword what you wrote. I read it 4 times and still have no idea wtf you're talking about. Also, LOL @ "Monstrous, bleeding-eardrum power and high efficiency in an extremely compact chassis. It has dual MOSFET power supplies and is stable driving 1 or 2 ohm loads."

I don't know the brand so can't help you with if it's good or not sorry. It's rated at 14.4V is your electrical setup for that?

Response 1000WRMS Linkable Car Monoblock Amplifier Description

Monstrous, bleeding-eardrum power and high efficiency in an extremely compact chassis. It has dual MOSFET power supplies and is stable driving 1 or 2 ohm loads. In addition, you get variable bass boost, adjustable phase shift, low pass filter and master/slave operation. Optional remote bass gain controller.

• Speaker short, over current, thermal and DC protection

• 4 AWG power terminals

Specifications:

• Power output:

• 1000WRMS @ 1 ohm mono 14.4V

• 600WRMS @ 2 ohms mono 14.4V

• 1800WRMS @ 2 ohm linkable, dual mono 14.4V

• Low pass filter: 30 - 250Hz

• Bass boost: 0 - 12dB

• Phase shift: 0 -180°

• Dimensions: 300(L) x 170(W) x 50(H)mm

Edited by DK99

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

I don't know how much new zealand dollars compare to American dollars but I think $8o for a true 1000w amp is an awesome deal. It does take 4g wire so that's a good sign. What is the fuse rating on it? I think it should be like 8o amps. Too lazy to do the math.

Edited by Rolladoedoe

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

My bad but I meant I was gonna run 2 Amps at 300wrms each 1 for each sub but my mate diddent want this so I will sell the other 2 but yeah I have the required voltage so all good I was just making sure it's not really bad but yeah with the current dollar the American and Australian dollar it's about the same so I think it's a good deal. And I can't see any fuses which is weird is this bad? Cause the other Amps have 2 30amp fuses and they're low power dunno why this one wouldn't have one it has 3 way protection but that is no reason for it to not have external fuses I'm a bit confused

I Am Never Wrong, Just Often Mistaken......

I don't know how much new zealand dollars compare to American dollars but I think $8o for a true 1000w amp is an awesome deal. It does take 4g wire so that's a good sign. What is the fuse rating on it? I think it should be like 8o amps. Too lazy to do the math.

Yeah roughly lol

My bad but I meant I was gonna run 2 Amps at 300wrms each 1 for each sub but my mate diddent want this so I will sell the other 2 but yeah I have the required voltage so all good I was just making sure it's not really bad but yeah with the current dollar the American and Australian dollar it's about the same so I think it's a good deal. And I can't see any fuses which is weird is this bad? Cause the other Amps have 2 30amp fuses and they're low power dunno why this one wouldn't have one it has 3 way protection but that is no reason for it to not have external fuses I'm a bit confused

So you wanna wire 2 amps to 1 sub? And you have 2 subs?

Still a lil confused lol

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

What kind of subs and what kind of box?

You're trying to figure out how and where to set the amps settings correct?

Edited by bassrace

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Response 1000WRMS Linkable Car Monoblock Amplifier Description

.I payed 200 for mine but it was the 1500rms at 1ohm mono with 0 gauge power terminals

Great amp if u use it right..the bassboost on mine goes up to 18db and fked my first sub up..cause i was useing bassboost :(

(not any more tho)

Red light rev ya engines..light goes green u take off, petal to the floor.I take it slow but some how seem to catch up with u at he next red.So u think u can do it again.light goes green you stall..i put my foot down just to show u what fast really looks like :)