Sundown Audio

good cheap amps

new guy

A few questions before I say anything. What condition is your electrical in? Have you done the big 3? What kind of battery do you have under the hood? Will you be adding a battery in the trunk? How much spare amperage do you have on your alternator? I know I, like many others, have burned up amps starving them for power. If you are going to upgrade to a level 4 or decided to do an HDC 3 which are both 1k rms rated then your 1200 will be solid for a while. If you have not done any, I would invest in electrical upgrades then start looking for another amp or think about an H/O alt then another amp.

well for now i just have the big 3. im only gonna need about 1000 rms right now. when i use more power ill upgrade my electrical more.

im just trying to get suggestions on amps that put out some watts for around 230$

Edited by new guy

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

In the 230 range you will be limited to something like a BRZ1700. Which is a good amp for the money and possibly the best in its price range or find a good deal on a used 2k something. I would look for something like an AQ 2200 or a rockford T1500 or T2500 or a Sundown there are so many good amps out there to be had but sticking to 230 is a hard thing to do in a quality amp which I am sure is why you posted this. I did find an AQ1200 for sale in Austin if you are willing to drive a bit and it can be strapped so easy upgrade in the future http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/2593759693.html Good luck with your hunt man, I just wanted to ask about the electrical and make sure you thought about it.

Edited by photochrisb931

Barstad