Sundown Audio

I hate being the one to ask this question. Please don't give me a "if you have to ask..."

I'm looking into subs and amps for my truck for this coming spring. I've been a huge fan of Fi's SSD and Q series woofers, but I've now come across the SA series and I'm amazed by these woofers. Solid design, great cooling, and some killer power handling for a "600" watt woofer. Ric's review of the 15" that Jacob sent him was phenomenal. I'm seriously leaning toward AudioQue for my sub amp. Numerous people have stated the SA series will take double rated power. I'm wondering how far past double it will go. I'm not trying to be like Ric here and throw massive amounts of power at it. But will it reliably take something like an AQ2200D daily? If not I can always lower it down. From what I've seen a loaded SSD will take around 1500 clean watts daily. Will the SA series do the same with clean, daily power?

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I hate being the one to ask this question. Please don't give me a "if you have to ask..."

I'm looking into subs and amps for my truck for this coming spring. I've been a huge fan of Fi's SSD and Q series woofers, but I've now come across the SA series and I'm amazed by these woofers. Solid design, great cooling, and some killer power handling for a "600" watt woofer. Ric's review of the 15" that Jacob sent him was phenomenal. I'm seriously leaning toward AudioQue for my sub amp. Numerous people have stated the SA series will take double rated power. I'm wondering how far past double it will go. I'm not trying to be like Ric here and throw massive amounts of power at it. But will it reliably take something like an AQ2200D daily? If not I can always lower it down. From what I've seen a loaded SSD will take around 1500 clean watts daily. Will the SA series do the same with clean, daily power?

We run a single SA12 with a SAX-1200d to them as a daily in our shop demo truck, so I know it can take 1200 comfortably without issue or getting stinky(although we used a SMD-DD to make sure we didn't have a ton of clipping), I've also sold a couple pair with customers that had amps ranging from 2 Crunch 2000's, Audiopipe 3000d, and a Sundown SAZ2500d, Hifonics Brutus 2500,& haven't had one blown woofer come back yet. And the guy with the Audiopipe 3k beats the crap out of them, and even with the dirt-ass signal from the factory head unit and the more than likely clipped output from the Audiopipe, the SA12s are still going strong.

We run a single SA12 with a SAX-1200d to them as a daily in our shop demo truck, so I know it can take 1200 comfortably without issue or getting stinky(although we used a SMD-DD to make sure we didn't have a ton of clipping), I've also sold a couple pair with customers that had amps ranging from 2 Crunch 2000's, Audiopipe 3000d, and a Sundown SAZ2500d, Hifonics Brutus 2500,& haven't had one blown woofer come back yet. And the guy with the Audiopipe 3k beats the crap out of them, and even with the dirt-ass signal from the factory head unit and the more than likely clipped output from the Audiopipe, the SA12s are still going strong.

I plan on avoiding every possible chance of clipping but that's an awesome thing to hear. Looks like Sundown may be the way to go.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I got 2 sa 10's on saz 2500 with no problem.

Hmm. I like the sound of that. The reason I'm leaning toward the 2200D is because if one sub can't take the full 2200+ daily I'll be able to turn it down and then add another sub later on.

wtf is lolcats?

Id be hesitant to put that much on it daily. It'd probably take it but for how long

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Id be hesitant to put that much on it daily. It'd probably take it but for how long

This is what I was concerned about. The daily aspect. IDK if Jacob will answer because I know he rates them low for a reason. I figure 1200-1500 is fine for one of them daily. I'll probably worry about adding a second one when my ears get hungry. It's a mid-size truck (2001 Isuzu Trooper) so it won't be hard to fill that cabin with sound.

wtf is lolcats?

Well I ran my sa12s on a saz3500 @ .5 daily tunes to 35hz for about 3 moths before I sold them, they ate that power so I'm sure the 15s would like it just as much

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------