Second Skin Audio

Hifonic hfi 12s

pitbullninja

They are a decent woofer, i was impressed by the sound for being less than $30 each new. I have about 10 at my house and 4 are blown. They don't like being over powered even in small boxes, I have 4 in 6cubes and they get hot quick on 1200rms total. They get low pretty good too, I've tuned them to 32,33,34,36,40 and i liked 32 the most

you had them on less then rms in a smaller box and they got hot fast? were you clipping?

I had them at Rms maybe a lil over and they got hot quick, And 600 watts max means nothing. I assure you 600 watts to these and they will fry quick, Not gonna lie though they got loud off of low power. 5ft box for 2 and 100rms was nice. Im running one Sa10 now on about 1000rms+ and its louder then the 4 Hfi's were and now I'm actually trying to blow the sub on purpose and it dont even get warm on full tilt for 45+ mins just saying go ahead and buy them and when u got money and power to upgrade go ahead.

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

1 10 is louder than 4 12s? WTF

difference in build quality. of course the better built sub will outperform $50 subs...

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

yup, 137.5 at 32hz on the 12's at 1200rms in the trunk of a 86 caprice and a 138.6 on two sundowns 10"s with 600rms in a honda civic hatch. Now it's one Sa10 on 1000+ rms and i can assure you it's louder then that 138 score now. HFi's were cool but this sundown is a beast.

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

yup, 137.5 at 32hz on the 12's at 1200rms in the trunk of a 86 caprice and a 138.6 on two sundowns 10"s with 600rms in a honda civic hatch. Now it's one Sa10 on 1000+ rms and i can assure you it's louder then that 138 score now. HFi's were cool but this sundown is a

beast.

You are confusing the shit out of this kid man. The reason why the sundown 10s are louder isn't only because they are better. Its because you are running them in a hatch. Hatch cars and trucks are not as hard to get loud as trunk cars are. If I switched my system over to a hatch right now, I'd be willing to bet I'd be touching 50s. 2 15s and a dat2500.1 prototype. Right now I'm touching 140s though.

The reason why you liked the way the 12s sounded at 32 hertz is because you had at least twice the cone area he's going to be running

yup, 137.5 at 32hz on the 12's at 1200rms in the trunk of a 86 caprice and a 138.6 on two sundowns 10"s with 600rms in a honda civic hatch. Now it's one Sa10 on 1000+ rms and i can assure you it's louder then that 138 score now. HFi's were cool but this sundown is a

beast.

You are confusing the shit out of this kid man. The reason why the sundown 10s are louder isn't only because they are better. Its because you are running them in a hatch. Hatch cars and trucks are not as hard to get loud as trunk cars are. If I switched my system over to a hatch right now, I'd be willing to bet I'd be touching 50s. 2 15s and a dat2500.1 prototype. Right now I'm touching 140s though.

The reason why you liked the way the 12s sounded at 32 hertz is because you had at least twice the cone area he's going to be running

Well I'm kinda set on the 1k, what do you think I should tune these to?

I'm not trying to confuse you, Just letting you know from my personal experience with them. I spent $200+ in subs and built box after box trying to get them loud on music. Heres the way i had them in my cars, 1 in 4.5ft at 38hz 100rms, then 2 in 4.5 at 38hz 200rms, Then 2 in 3ft at 42hz 600rms,Then 2 in 5ft at 34hz 600rms, Then 1 in 2.5ft at 32hz 200rms then 400rms (it blew at 400) then 4 in 6ft at 32hz on 1200rms.. So yeah i know these subs quite well idk go ahead and do what you want, My advice would be to save up some more and get something u will be happy with, I wish i did. With that money saved i would of been done with my new build most likely, Oh well, you live and learn :)

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

So... Caprice, put your results in an excel spread sheet. The results show a learning curve. Your overall volume per sub dropped along your learning curve. It taught you that a 4.5 cubic foot box was way too big for a 12. It also taught you that you like the sound of boxes tuned low.

Pittbull, for the second time... I'd tune your box in the high 30s, low 40s. Based off caprice's results I would build a 3.8

Cubic foot net box.

Caprice... Can you give more info? Results of each box and port area per cube?

So... Caprice, put your results in an excel spread sheet. The results show a learning curve. Your overall volume per sub dropped along your learning curve. It taught you that a 4.5 cubic foot box was way too big for a 12. It also taught you that you like the sound of boxes tuned low.

Pittbull, for the second time... I'd tune your box in the high 30s, low 40s. Based off caprice's results I would build a 3.8

Cubic foot net box.

Caprice... Can you give more info? Results of each box and port area per cube?

Archived