Sundown Audio

8 Guage Speaker Wire??

daniel1204

I Have 2 500w rms subs and a 1000w rms amp, It can fit 8 guege like properly fit 8 guage in the speaker terminals, The only benafit of this would be "Wank-Factor" Right cause it would look cool i guess, but is there any real benafit of this setup as apposed to regular size like 16guage ect??

I Am Never Wrong, Just Often Mistaken......

I Have 2 500w rms subs and a 1000w rms amp, It can fit 8 guege like properly fit 8 guage in the speaker terminals, The only benafit of this would be "Wank-Factor" Right cause it would look cool i guess, but is there any real benafit of this setup as apposed to regular size like 16guage ect??

i say use 12 gauge for speaker wire. i got 12 gauge. was thinking about 8 gauge initially but was tolled there is no real benefit, mostly the look.

i say use 12 gauge for speaker wire. i got 12 gauge. was thinking about 8 gauge initially but was tolled there is no real benefit, mostly the look.

Yeah another issue the 2 sets of terminals on my sub box wont accept straight 8 guage i could make it work but i dont think it is worth it and it will cost more for 8 so i most likely wont bother

I Am Never Wrong, Just Often Mistaken......

Yeah another issue the 2 sets of terminals on my sub box wont accept straight 8 guage i could make it work but i dont think it is worth it and it will cost more for 8 so i most likely wont bother

yup. i say don't bother and just go with 12 gauge.

Archived