Second Skin Audio

Would raising my box tuning make any difference

basshead7890

thread updated, I have a new question

I'm wanting to get louder to the ear and meter, my box is 7.25ft³ tuned to 31.xx according to torres calculator with 115in² port area and would raising my box tuning to 34hz make any difference, and i don't think my sub is loud as it can get.

My Build Log

95 Honda Accord

Nook HD+ tablet

Team Ascendant Audio 18"

2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D

Crescendo Audio C1100.4

2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500

Build log

only problem i see is in your drawing, i don't think you accounted for the fact that your ports have a thickness. shouldn't be too hard to re-do the ports. depending on how thick the material is that you plan on using, it may be difficult for air to get around the ports.

that's a sexy model though. did you find the Xcon woofer in the sketchup warehouse or did you make it yourself?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

OP, you stated after displacement your box will be 6.5 or 7 cubes, edpending on whether or not you invert sub...Xcon 18 displaces .75 according to manufacturer, not .5.... just wanted to make sure your math will be correct when figuring things out...

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

• 1 month later...

if you can manage to get the two pieces together, i'm tempted to say it would work.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I would do three pieces. Have two bends at 45 degrees. Smother transition than 90. Just my two pennies.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

have you considered possibly going with a passive radiator?

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

• 5 months later...

I'm wanting to get louder to the ear and meter, my box is 7.25ft³ tuned to 31.xx according to torres calculator with 115in² port area. and would raising my box tuning to 34hz make any difference, and i don't think my sub is loud as it can get.

My Build Log

95 Honda Accord

Nook HD+ tablet

Team Ascendant Audio 18"

2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D

Crescendo Audio C1100.4

2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500

Build log

Archived