Finally got my grille in yesterday. They sent the wrong color though....ordered black because they didn't have a red one, and they sent me chrome...chrome looks cheap to me so I'm sending it back lol. On a side note, I get paid Thursday so u will more then likely go buy speakers for the doors and what not. Can't wait :D

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Dakota man!

So your making a clone correct its not an actual R/T.

Also if it already had a V8 in it from the factory and its not a R/T it has to be a 5.2L.

Check your VIN number. I can remember what number it is but toward the middle of the VIN there should be a letter.

If its a "Z" it has a 5.9 and a "Y" it has a 5.2.

With your whole race thing you were talking about that's hard to tell what engine you have.

A 5.2 and 5.9 will be very close in power when comparing them. I think its only like a 20HP difference.

It will be a very fund build.

I have painted my truck myself and did a lot of other stuff.

If you ever have any questions dont hesitate to ask me. I have gone though everything on my Dakota at least once. lol.

Nice Dakota man!

So your making a clone correct its not an actual R/T.

Also if it already had a V8 in it from the factory and its not a R/T it has to be a 5.2L.

Check your VIN number. I can remember what number it is but toward the middle of the VIN there should be a letter.

If its a "Z" it has a 5.9 and a "Y" it has a 5.2.

With your whole race thing you were talking about that's hard to tell what engine you have.

A 5.2 and 5.9 will be very close in power when comparing them. I think its only like a 20HP difference.

It will be a very fund build.

I have painted my truck myself and did a lot of other stuff.

If you ever have any questions dont hesitate to ask me. I have gone though everything on my Dakota at least once. lol.

i was told it was an r/t and they were selling it as that, but it does have a 5.2 in it =/ i looked on the block on itself and it had 318 stamped on it. its still a pretty quick truck but that being said, i will put a 5.9 in it then lol. not anytime soon but it will happen(maybe before scrapin the coast?!? :D). anyways got some stuff in, will be posting pics soon :D

box o a few goodies.

35mjm7b.jpg

MB quart onyx216 with tweeters and crossovers

b6u0lx.jpg

2ex4j5z.jpg

worked past dark with my phone light to get'em in haha

jql5sn.jpg

and the speakers that were in the truck were boston rc on the driver side, and a lightning audio on the other XD. also the tweeters that were in it didnt match either.

Archived