Looking to "make" a 2-way setup

shogen

So, I was looking around and reading and researching... I am not looking to create my own 2-way setup. Currently I am working with a Boston Acoustics GT2-125 which will do the job for now powering the front stage... What I'm thinking is I'll create this 2-way setup now and when I get a "good" 4 channel amp down the road (if I feel the need) I can go active and get better imaging and sound out of the front stage without doing much. Or I'll just keep it that way if it is good enough.

I was just wondering if these items will work well together as a "2-way component" setup.

Tweeter: Dayton Audio DC28FT-8 (# 275-076)

Woofer: Peerless 830657 (# 264-1088)

X-Over: Dayton Audio 2-way (# 260-142)

I'm looking to get some great sound on a budget. Would these items work well as a set? Is there something better I should look at? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

So, I was looking around and reading and researching... I am not looking to create my own 2-way setup. Currently I am working with a Boston Acoustics GT2-125 which will do the job for now powering the front stage... What I'm thinking is I'll create this 2-way setup now and when I get a "good" 4 channel amp down the road (if I feel the need) I can go active and get better imaging and sound out of the front stage without doing much. Or I'll just keep it that way if it is good enough.

I was just wondering if these items will work well together as a "2-way component" setup.

Tweeter: Dayton Audio DC28FT-8 (# 275-076)

Woofer: Peerless 830657 (# 264-1088)

X-Over: Dayton Audio 2-way (# 260-142)

I'm looking to get some great sound on a budget. Would these items work well as a set? Is there something better I should look at? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Will these tweeters play down to 2600 htz ??

and will these midrange / midbass drivers capable of no cutoff on the top end and down to about 40 htz on the bottom end for more of a seemless transaction between drivers ... ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

From the charts, the peerless looks to be able to handle 40-60hz and seems to flatten out from 120-1500hz. The tweeters seems to break up 1600-1800hz and can play up to 18,000hz before dropping off..

I think it will blend well with my subwoofer if I am reading the charts correctly. I can always fine tune with my P880PRS I believe.

What do you think Randal?

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Archived