Need some suggestions...

I have no progress pics. I've got a weird work schedule so I have like Sundays and Monday's to work on it. I need to sand and body fill for next step and the gel coat to make smooooth. The painting I'm still unsure of. I just need a concept or to come up with something. I want it to really stand out and still match the truck.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I have no progress pics. I've got a weird work schedule so I have like Sundays and Monday's to work on it. I need to sand and body fill for next step and the gel coat to make smooooth. The painting I'm still unsure of. I just need a concept or to come up with something. I want it to really stand out and still match the truck.

You have nice amount of space between subs and the port, maybe an all black box with a logo in silver in this area?

Hey guys, thanks for the interest. So Im sure you didn't see, but I posted a for sale add with ONE of my subs. I was setting the t nuts in the back side of the baffle, and ONE froze up on the bolt. I had a washer between the screw and the baskets flange. Long story short I had to rip the sub out of the box and I twisted the hell out of basket and surround. I was disgusted with myself for having done it, so I dropped the sub on the ground. When I picked it up I noticed how tweaked the surround was, do I pushed the cone down and guess what I heard......lovely coil rub. So I proceeded to hurl the 16 lb sub 10-15 feet through the air.

Soooo, the project is still gonna move forward, but I need to decide what two subs I'm gonna use instead of my RE's. I've got the power for two subs that handle 600W RMS a piece. My SRx's only handled 300W each. So I am not sure which subs to proceed with. I want something that has good motor force and a low Fs. They also have to be Not that deep. I'm not positive what I have available for top mount depth, but I'd guess 7.5?

That sucks donkey dick bro.....at least you have a cool story to tell though LOL! I believe Skar has a good sale going on right now, I have never heard them but they seem to be gaining steam. I personally couldnt be happier with my DC Level 3 though.......are you lookin for something "mainstream", or something that can be reconed?

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

The level 3's are where I'm leaning because they have great motor force and I believe they'd be happy with the airspace I'm feeding them and the tuning of my box. And let's be honest, they're pretty sexy. The hard part is, they are OUT of stock for who knows how long. So that leaves me searching the used for sale ads, or waiting until they can provide product. It scares me buying from a company I have to wait on indefinitely.

Looks great man. I love my Re and its only the REX lol. It gets loud in a good box. Anyway, What ever you go with will be awesome man. Keep up the good work.

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

• 5 months later...

So I have been sick of running just my two component sets for long enough. I decided to go get some body filler and get my box prepped for paint.

Here are a few pics from earlier tonight. I had maybe an hour and a half in application and knock down process. There are still a few low spots, but NOTHING like it was with the wavy fiberglass layer. it's looking MUCH better though:

350dc78d.jpg

9ba71d3b.jpg

8c36e702.jpg

That's all l got done for today. I'll get more worked on tomorrow hopefully and get it straight!

Archived