2001 Ford Explorer Sport Build!

Update! Ok, so my life has really been changing in the past few months. Have a daughter due in about 12 weeks, got a new job to help support a family that takes up ALL of my time and taking care of the girl friend. Life has been HECTIC to say the least. Anyway, I should have a few more pics up tomorrow with updated equipment and hopefully a couple of videos. Also, going to start doing my first fiberglass work on my kick panels soon, so be looking out for that. Hopefully I don't screw too much up lol. Thanks fellas! :D

looked thru the whole thread and yuo did a decent 1st try better than most ive seen!!!

i woulda went with a shorter box and made it deeper.. and 8 cubes net is nice for those 15s..i woulda used a tad mre port area.. something like 14 to 15" per cube..

and also do the BIG 3 upgrade to help voltage..and uhhh other than that its nice

Thank you darksoul187 for the EQ. I love it man!

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

Unfortunately it didn't fit in the location I had hoped for.

IMG_0131.jpg

So I decided to have the glove compartment as its new temporary home.

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

All wired up and ready to go! Made everything much cleaner and louder. I'm cool with that.

IMG_0134.jpg

Got my Soundstream 440.2 running my mids at the moment. Puts out a good amount of clean power.

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

Got my Hifonics Brutus 1200.1 currently running my 2 AudioQue HDC2.5 15's. They get pretty loud.

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

Here is the two amps side by side. Yes, I know my wiring is horridly messy, but once I get my 1/0 wire it will be cleaned up so much more.

IMG_0140.jpg

Here are a few more shots of the subs/box.

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

Also got some more stuff done with my door panels. Best job in the world? No, but it sounds pretty good to me. Loud for sure.

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

looked thru the whole thread and yuo did a decent 1st try better than most ive seen!!!

i woulda went with a shorter box and made it deeper.. and 8 cubes net is nice for those 15s..i woulda used a tad mre port area.. something like 14 to 15" per cube..

and also do the BIG 3 upgrade to help voltage..and uhhh other than that its nice

Hopefully pretty soon I can order some 1/0 from AudioTechnix once they start selling it and a Big 3 will be done as well as a couple of runs to the back. Thanks for the feedback man! Much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

No love?!?!? HA! Just messin. I'm just here for people to talk to lol.

Anyway, I have a couple of updates. I got in some goodies from darvex and I ordered some KnuConcepts wiring and it is on it's way right now and hopefully I can finally get the BIG 3 done. FYI! Never order wiring from Install Bay on eBay. I made a very nooby mistake in doing so. Their 1/0 wire is MAYBE the equilivent of 4 guage at the most. I was pissed. But I'm gonna send it back and get a battery instead. :nuts:

I'm gonna take some pics when I get home from work.

Thanks!

Really like the build, man! And as soon as I read "intended spot" for that EQ, i knew it was gonna be that slot under the H/U hehe.

And that box looks incredibly tall for 25''. I was thinking of putting my max height at 28, but again, I'm off to see what i can squeeze in there.

Really like the build, man! And as soon as I read "intended spot" for that EQ, i knew it was gonna be that slot under the H/U hehe.

And that box looks incredibly tall for 25''. I was thinking of putting my max height at 28, but again, I'm off to see what i can squeeze in there.

Thanks brotha! Yeah I think it's because I didn't go as wide as I should have. I wish I had the time/money/equipment to build a new box tuned much lower. Got a link to your build??

Archived