Sundown Audio

I dont have a crafty title for this thread

PUNKYOU007

So currently I am running 4 Audio Que HDC3 18s D1 coils. My amps are Cadence ZRS C5...since most of you dont know about Cadence lets just say I have two DC 3.5ks.

I used to have my amps strapped and my subs wired to a 2 ohm load...now I have two subs per amp at 1 ohm. I am too chicken shit to try and run the amps strapped .5 (.25 per amp)...but here is what I was thinking. Would it be worth while to rewire the subs to .5 ohm but only run one amp? Do you think that one amp will do more power at .5 then they both are doing currently?

Also I am running a 14v electrical..so given a perfect scenario my amps should be doing about 4k @ 1 ohm.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Unless your trying to compete in some specific class or something it seems like you would lose a bit if each amp if doing 4k on a perfect day you might get 4.7-5.0k out of one at half versus 8k. But that 8k isn't accounting for rise or voltage drop. But i think you would see a loss.

Since amps drop effeincy when you drop ohm loads it should be that your single amp at .5 would draw the exact same current as your 2 at 1 ohm, but we all know this isn't a perfect world, i would say that your 2 amps at 1 ohm will be louder and safer and more efficient. IMO that is

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

Unless your trying to compete in some specific class or something it seems like you would lose a bit if each amp if doing 4k on a perfect day you might get 4.7-5.0k out of one at half versus 8k. But that 8k isn't accounting for rise or voltage drop. But i think you would see a loss.

What I was saying is that I am only getting about 4.3k Total out of both amps combined. Thats me wired to 2 ohms and rising to 6ohms

Since amps drop effeincy when you drop ohm loads it should be that your single amp at .5 would draw the exact same current as your 2 at 1 ohm, but we all know this isn't a perfect world, i would say that your 2 amps at 1 ohm will be louder and safer and more efficient. IMO that is

Thanks for the info, makes sense.

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Sorry i put this -since most of you dont know about Cadence lets just say I have two DC 3.5ks./ and this -I used to have my amps strapped and my subs wired to a 2 ohm load...now I have two subs per amp at 1 ohm./ Together to get the 4k before rise or voltage drop estimate. But still you shouldn't get more power out of one amp at .5 vs two of them at 1 ohm.

I was just wondering. I didnt wanna go thru and take all the subs out to rewire them without the approval of the SMD counsel first.

d(-__-)b

yup

d(-__-)b

why wouldnt we know who cadence is?

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

why wouldnt we know who cadence is?

Because many people don't... If you do pat yourself on the back... Was that it or did u have anything to add to the topic?

Edited by PUNKYOU007

d(-__-)b