Sonic Electronix

Ok don't turn your head unit all the way up because it will clip the signal Im not sure what head unit you have but I would keep the volume at like 5 under the highest. If you can get a DD-1 or a O'Scope to test you're signal and see where it clips or distorts

would the clipping/distortion be caused due to the speakers not being able to handle it? the amp? not properly adjusted? I'm intent on upgrading something anyway. have money I'm supposed to use to buy a new cell phone but would rather it go into my car audio setup. ;)

Sorry I have not been by my computer all day.. no all head units clip at a certain volume you need an O'scope or something to test this. With the right tools you can test the output voltage from the head unit and once you do that the you match you're amps output (gain setting) with you're head unit.... not having this set right will cause clipping...

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

sry, very off topic but. im lovin that avatar DK99 :good:

81656262.gif

Thanks I get that a lot

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

i had same prob. i just took my tweets off my crossover n amp n hooked to deck. sounds a lot better. just what i did.

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

i had same prob. i just took my tweets off my crossover n amp n hooked to deck. sounds a lot better. just what i did.

that may fix the tweets but I'm almost positive he is still clipping the hell out of his setup...

that may fix the tweets but I'm almost positive he is still clipping the hell out of his setup...

Agree

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

the receiver is an Alpine CDE-103BT

some p.o.s. I bought at best buy.

/lowers head in shame

I have never tested any alpine head units so testing would be best.

from what I can find on alpine head units if the volume only goes into the 20's then stay at a max of 25 if it goes into the 30's the then like 34.. Thats what other people have tested there alpines clipping at.... but you need tools to test to make sure all output voltage is matched.

Edited by DK99

ok, I just drove from San Diego up to Laguna Beach & back. had the volume on 25 the whole time(maxes out at 35). when I got back off the freeway, coming back into town, I noticed this weird high pitched distortion. when I finally stopped, I touched the amp and it was burning hot. is that normal? if not, what's a 'cool' running amp that can hold up to a long drive?