SKAR VVX-8 & VVX-15 Test Videos!

Had a few minutes to pull out the phone and make some videos of the VVX-8 & VVX-15 in free air tests.

Nothing crazy, 40Hz test tone on our Prototype 1500W @ 1 Ohm (12V rated) amplifier. Pretty impressed with the performance of these new drivers!

Clamp tests on the amps are coming soon, just waiting on a few things to do it.

P.S. - The empty box in the car is for (4) SKAR 12s, but a team member needed 3 so I am currently bassless :P.

Anyways,

Enjoy!

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjhTLIBq0U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT5W7Ia6us

Edited by skaraudio

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com
Phone : (888) 501-7527

skarav.jpg

Is the 8 bottoming out? Also why is the surround folding like that?

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

Is the 8 bottoming out? Also why is the surround folding like that?

I did get it to bottom out in this video yes - I do have a few more better demonstrations of the 8s free air where it does not however. Little monsters these guys are.

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com

skarav.jpg

If I'm not mistaken sir when you clamp a amp you clamp the positive speaker wire and you read voltage across pos and neg speaker output. Not the positive power wire... :-) nice test though.. my teamates skars slam.

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Do you plan on coming out with higher power handleing subs

Edited by dc98hoe

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

If I'm not mistaken sir when you clamp a amp you clamp the positive speaker wire and you read voltage across pos and neg speaker output. Not the positive power wire... :-) nice test though.. my teamates skars slam.

Glad to hear your teammates SKAR's slam, I only get too hear the Florida rides! Soon that will change though, I want to start making my way to shows outside of the state!

Edited by skaraudio

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com

skarav.jpg