Second Skin Audio

Which subwoofers?

I'm not sure if this is against the rules to post a sort of "vs" thread, (just let me know, I will take this thread down) but I really need help. I'm new to car audio and am learning slowly, accepting any advice as well. I am looking at...

x2 Rockford P3 15's (not really interested in but want opinion)

x2 Fi Bl 12's (have the electrical upgrade for them as well)

x2 Sundown Audio SA-12's (have the electrical upgrade for them as well)

I want to know which would sound the best, and hit the hardest. I'm accepting all opinions on which sub is better and will take advice on what to buy. If I have not listed a good sub please let me know below and list another! Thank you guys so much.

**I'm looking at the Fi Bl's by the way, but I want whatever is the best set of two 12's. Please let me know what you would think would be the best out of these 3, and let me know if you have any other suggestions. Thanks again!

There is no such thing as "the best subwoofer" in the car audio world. It depends on a lot of factors. The enclosure you build is a big part of sq and output. But what amp are you using? What's your upgraded electrical?

The FI bl's are very nice subs, but, for less $$ the sa-12's do very well and handle a ton of power as long as its clean. Just my $.02

Both subs are quality

No comment on the P3's

Edited by miniSPLlancer

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

how can you have electrical upgrade for subs?

Meaning his electrical system can produce the proper power need to run the subs. The Fis and Sundowns need more to run then the RFs.

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

There is no such thing as "the best subwoofer" in the car audio world. It depends on a lot of factors. The enclosure you build is a big part of sq and output. But what amp are you using? What's your upgraded electrical?

Yeah I'm having a little trouble with all this, but I have 2 battcapp 2000's and all the wiring, getting the Big 3 soon, etc.

The FI bl's are very nice subs, but, for less $$ the sa-12's do very well and handle a ton of power as long as its clean. Just my $.02

Both subs are quality

No comment on the P3's

Haha I want to hear the P3's aren't as good, because everyone has P3's and I want to out due it. I'm looking at upgrading after the Fi's so i was thinking SA-12's..?