Second Skin Audio

wrapping sound deadener around aeroport

ive thinking about wrapping sound deadener around the aeroport i plan on using...has anybody seen a gain from this spl wise? dont really wanna try it and it be a wasted effort

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

ive thinking about wrapping sound deadener around the aeroport i plan on using...has anybody seen a gain from this spl wise? dont really wanna try it and it be a wasted effort

you should add this to the SPL gains thread. it would be a good thing to test

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

ya i was unsure of which one to post in lol so if a mod wants to move this :good:

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

i only see gains if maybe where your areoports come together maybe a bit leaky but otherwise still not much of a gain maybe even duct tape could work for that though idk let the testing begin :yahoo:

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

well my theory isnt based on stopping leaks lol i was thinking more of adding support to the port..less port flex should= more dbs? just dont know if adding the deadener would work in this application

i'm thinking that it would "deaden" the port like it would sheet metal. it would reduce vibrations which might help some.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

well im most likely gonna give it a try lol if it fails..itll at least be a cheap fail :pardon:

• 3 months later...

i honestly never got around to trying it..ended up going with a regular slot port instead