Sonic Electronix

Hey guys so i found this at Walmart the other day for $12.00.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Equus-3300-Hands-free-Digital-Multimeter/14644665

My question is you think it works? i was expecting them to be like 120bucks. I want to use it to check my battery voltage, ohm load and to tune my amps so that im not clipping my sub. Anybody have any experience with it?? thanks

06 Chrysler 300

Pioneer avh-x8500bhs

Hertz Hsk 130.4

Alpine mrp-F600

2 Dc level 4 12s

Dc 2k

Viper 5901

SHCA wiring

KnuKonceptz RCA's

SecondSkin/Fatmat

Big 3-stock alt

itll work fine. the multimeter i've been using for years costs $1.50 online last time i checked. only thing to watch out for is when measuring the resistance of a speaker, touch the dmm leads to each other and see what number comes up on the meter. if its anything but 0, you will have to subtract that number from the number you get when you measure the woofers. example, multimeter reads .5 ohms when touching together. sub reads 1.5 ohms. subtract .5 because of the multimeters internal resistance. sub actually is 1 ohm.

itll work fine. the multimeter i've been using for years costs $1.50 online last time i checked. only thing to watch out for is when measuring the resistance of a speaker, touch the dmm leads to each other and see what number comes up on the meter. if its anything but 0, you will have to subtract that number from the number you get when you measure the woofers. example, multimeter reads .5 ohms when touching together. sub reads 1.5 ohms. subtract .5 because of the multimeters internal resistance. sub actually is 1 ohm.

haha damn cant beat $1.50! That helps out ALOT thanks! :good: i might go buy it later on but ill see if i can find a even cheaper one now lol

06 Chrysler 300

Pioneer avh-x8500bhs

Hertz Hsk 130.4

Alpine mrp-F600

2 Dc level 4 12s

Dc 2k

Viper 5901

SHCA wiring

KnuKonceptz RCA's

SecondSkin/Fatmat

Big 3-stock alt

It should work fine for everything except making sure you are not clipping your subs. You need a different tool to do that (oscilloscope / DD-1)

how you read dvc

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

I have the same one i also bought it in Walmart for the same price. It is pretty good for the price all i use it for is for measuring voltage.

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

how you read dvc

http://www.bcae1.com/vomillia.htm

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

why did he say subtract when on the bcae1 site he adds volts to it and rounds up?

what volts? its resistance. when you put the two leads together, the meter will show what its internal resistance is. when you measure the sub, why would you want to take into account the meters internal resistance along with the voice coil resistance? you obviously just want the voice coil reading, so you subtract the two numbers.