xs power d3100??

okay guys, im new into car audio and i need help. im running two 12's with a kenwood xs-1s @600w rms. i want to get some component speakers and that new small SD250.2 amp for the speakers. how do i wire two amps to the batt, and should i just get a xs power d3100 for both amp instead or continue using my regular stock car batt??

Do you plan on ever running more power? I do not see the point of running a D3100 if that is all you will be doing...

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

well if you plan on upgrading to something bigger in the future a d3100 would be a good way to go. but if you don't foresee that happening in the near future, the D3100 would be a little overkill. there's nothing wrong with electrical overkill, but if you're running less than 1k there's really no need to spend all the extra money. a smaller XS battery or maybe a yellowtop (correct me if i'm wrong) would probably suffice.

the easiest way to hook up 2 amps involves using a distribution block. basically you'd take a run of 1/0 awg wire hooked to the battery (don't forget to fuse it!) like you're only using one amp. connect the other end of the wire into the 1/0 input on the dist block, and from the dist block 4 awg outputs run 4 awg wire to the amps. same thing applies to the ground, 4 awg from amps to dist block, 1/0 from dist block to grounding point.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

well if you plan on upgrading to something bigger in the future a d3100 would be a good way to go. but if you don't foresee that happening in the near future, the D3100 would be a little overkill. there's nothing wrong with electrical overkill, but if you're running less than 1k there's really no need to spend all the extra money. a smaller XS battery or maybe a yellowtop (correct me if i'm wrong) would probably suffice.

the easiest way to hook up 2 amps involves using a distribution block. basically you'd take a run of 1/0 awg wire hooked to the battery (don't forget to fuse it!) like you're only using one amp. connect the other end of the wire into the 1/0 input on the dist block, and from the dist block 4 awg outputs run 4 awg wire to the amps. same thing applies to the ground, 4 awg from amps to dist block, 1/0 from dist block to grounding point.

thank you for ya help

Archived