Need Help Correcting Issue

After i figured out my max unclipped volume on my hu, i hooked everything up to my sub amp, mrp-m1000 at 2 ohms, and set it to loudness just like it said in the book, ive also done this multiple times, anyways, so i set it to loudness adn then hooked everything back up. But when i play music the subs sound loud as shit, so i went to the back of my car just to look at then and they were gurgling almost like they were clipping and it sounded like shit from there, and i know thats bad so i turned it down. But it said there was no clipping, ive tested my subs and theyre perfectly fine, nothing wrong. and i had to turn the gain down alot from the loudness setting to even quieter than the sq setting to make them not clip. Any ideas/help? Thank you.

loudness isnt supposed to be on. he didnt make different "tunings". the 0db, -5db, etc, stand for the volume at which the tone is being played. 0db is the highest, and anything from there is quieter. just use -5db and be done with it.