Second Skin Audio

removing basket from motor

Put the Phillips head screwdriver on the screws, And hit the screw driver down so it bites the screw. ( Not super hard though. ) And push down on the screw driver when backing the screws out. That way you don't strip the screws, and then your fugged. I had to do this on a 18 XL. Fairly easy.

Do this and get all the bolts out then hit the basket itself with the hammer upwards.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

I wouldn't hit the basket with a hammer take a flat head and the hammer and use it as a chisel to break the glue seal between basket and motor

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Put the Phillips head screwdriver on the screws, And hit the screw driver down so it bites the screw. ( Not super hard though. ) And push down on the screw driver when backing the screws out. That way you don't strip the screws, and then your fugged. I had to do this on a 18 XL. Fairly easy.

Do this and get all the bolts out then hit the basket itself with the hammer upwards.

I didn't have to hit mine and it came right off. Glue must of broke on mine. But i would wrap the hammer in a rag or something, so you don't chip or damage the basket. Unless you have a rubber hammer.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

I didn't have to hit mine and it came right off. Glue must of broke on mine. But i would wrap the hammer in a rag or something, so you don't chip or damage the basket. Unless you have a rubber hammer.

I'm going to go purchase a rubber hammer tomorrow...ima b getting the sub reconed from a 15 to an 18.....that's the reason for removing the basket

Its All Good!!!

Build on hold...

Well I always used a hammer with no problem.(all the ones I've done have been stuck together tight). Your not hitting with all your might you just give it a good tap, but yea a rubber mallet would be the best thing if you were worried about damaging it.

And using the screwdriver to break the glue between the motor and basket did'nt turn out too well when I tried last if you slip you'll scratch the top plate.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Well I always used a hammer with no problem.(all the ones I've done have been stuck together tight). Your not hitting with all your might you just give it a good tap, but yea a rubber mallet would be the best thing if you were worried about damaging it.

And using the screwdriver to break the glue between the motor and basket did'nt turn out too well when I tried last if you slip you'll scratch the top plate.

Oh yeah that's a good point I don't want to scratch the Shit out of my top plate....Aight ima just try to hit it with a rubber hammer

Its All Good!!!

Build on hold...