As the forum says I'm a newb and looking for some pointers, advice, and well anything you can really tell me.

I need some help picking a new setup for my subwoofers, I been searching again for something that can kick me harder then what I have now. Which is 2 daul 2 ohm kicker CVR's with a Alpine v-power 1,000 watt amp and to be honest it barely shakes my mirrors...but I think its the crappy free ported box I have them in.

I need opinions from the stuff I've been looking at, I want a system that can make my heart skip a beat, make my truck feel like its falling apart, makes my house feel like an earthquakes about to hit. Well you get my point here mainly looking for shake then sq, heres what Ive looked at and yes those may not be good enough but I barely have experience so help me out people:

1. 2 12" or 2 15" Alpine Type R powered by an Alpine PDX-M12

2. 2 12" or 2 15" Memphis (no idea what series) no idea of an amp either yet

3. 2 12" 512b or 2 15" 515b Digital Designs no idea of an amp

trying to stay under $300 a piece for subs

thanks to anyone who puts in input and their own opinion on other subs that could out class these for the price but pick one of the three atleast.

just to let you know, the mods dont allow versus threads.

how much money are you willing to spend TOTAL on subs and amps. are you going to build your own box? do you have any electrical upgrades done to your car?

how much money are you willing to spend TOTAL on subs and amps. are you going to build your own box? do you have any electrical upgrades done to your car?

My bad, ill make sure to remember that. For the subs, less then or right at $600 no predetermined for the amp/amps yet. I probably will build my own box so I can get what i want and can fit. I did the big 3 and put a new battery but need to upgrade my alternator next.

My bad, ill make sure to remember that. For the subs, less then or right at $600 no predetermined for the amp/amps yet. I probably will build my own box so I can get what i want and can fit. I did the big 3 and put a new battery but need to upgrade my alternator next.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123724-skar-audio-subs-sundown-amplifier-special-combo/

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123724-skar-audio-subs-sundown-amplifier-special-combo/

i think you hit the nail on the head in one damn post. lol

^^^^^ That's a good deal right there! :good:

there is some VERY hard headed people out there. Anyone who says a DD-1 isnt necessary is also saying an O-scope isnt necessary. Anyone who says an O-scope IN THE MINIMUM isnt necessary, is a noob. Forget the DD-1 for a minute, any reputable installer will at LEAST use an O-scope. Those guys in that thread are clowns. Hard headed clowns.

• 4 weeks later...

:shrug:

As the forum says I'm a newb and looking for some pointers, advice, and well anything you can really tell me.

I need some help picking a new setup for my subwoofers, I been searching again for something that can kick me harder then what I have now. Which is 2 daul 2 ohm kicker CVR's with a Alpine v-power 1,000 watt amp and to be honest it barely shakes my mirrors...but I think its the crappy free ported box I have them in.

I need opinions from the stuff I've been looking at, I want a system that can make my heart skip a beat, make my truck feel like its falling apart, makes my house feel like an earthquakes about to hit. Well you get my point here mainly looking for shake then sq, heres what Ive looked at and yes those may not be good enough but I barely have experience so help me out people:

1. 2 12" or 2 15" Alpine Type R powered by an Alpine PDX-M12

2. 2 12" or 2 15" Memphis (no idea what series) no idea of an amp either yet

3. 2 12" 512b or 2 15" 515b Digital Designs no idea of an amp

trying to stay under $300 a piece for subs

thanks to anyone who puts in input and their own opinion on other subs that could out class these for the price but pick one of the three atleast.

2 DC level 4s :shrug:

Ye dig, getting loud off little :D

(2) AQ HDC3 12

AQ 2200D - Replaced it, Works great

AQ4x90

JBL 662s 2 ways

(2)XS 5100r under the hood & A 170amp alt

Archived