using ipod instead of head unit

ok i plan on using a http://www.kinetikpower.com/2009/product.asp?P=KIPS12-80&C=2 the kinetic 80amp power supply and a small kinetic battery to run a 4 channel amp in my room, i probably gonna be a mb quart dsc4125 cause i have an extra one laying around, but my question is instead of using a head unit, can i just use a ipod using a 3.5mm to rca adapter? or would the sound quality be bad enough to not do it that way.

Edited by curtdakota

I don't care for iPod quality. Mp3 or USB for me.

Pioneer deh-8300UB

6- Image Dynamics CSX6.5v2

4-Image Dynamics XS-28 tweeters

4-Sundown Audio sa8v2's

1-Sundown Audio SAX-200.4

1-Sundown Audio SAX-1200d

1-Mechman 270a alternator

1-XS Power D3400 under hood

Second Skin Damplifier Pro Deadener

Kicker & Knukoncept 1/0 wiring

Big 3 upgrade

Yeah, but what you can do is, Get a DD1, play a track transfered to the ipod, and when it clips back it down some, and then lock the volume from the settings. And then hook the iPod to the amp, Play the track, and turn it to where its locked ( not clipped part ) and then set your gain. And you can use your iPod.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

sweet guys, answered my question, i just wanted a cheaper way of doing it rather then buying a head unit, its cheaper to use an ipod i already have. and besides, considering im considering this option in the first place, im not really needing super SQ here, i just want to be able to have a loud, bass heavy setup for my room, utilizing most of the stuff i already have.

sweet guys, answered my question, i just wanted a cheaper way of doing it rather then buying a head unit, its cheaper to use an ipod i already have. and besides, considering im considering this option in the first place, im not really needing super SQ here, i just want to be able to have a loud, bass heavy setup for my room, utilizing most of the stuff i already have.

you can also use and home amp with preout. or sub out. to the car amp:D tats what im doing:D and works really well.. only thing is that my amp uses so much electricity that my 3 power supplys makes it shut off ;((( mor powaaa :D

Cerwin Vega <3 . When Bass Counts!