Second Skin Audio

how is this box design

ports back sub up seems to have performance benefits (correct me if i'm wrong)

and the 45's supposedly help on the meter, but don't do much to the ear. i'm not sure though. i think i read that on the SPL gains thread.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

your picture didn't have any measurements, so it's difficult for me to tell.

I am not sure how to do it thats why i ask. But i thought you would have it as far from the back wall as the same as the width of the box, so i think it would be down 18" that would leave me with 9" to split both ways so i think it would go 4.5" each way. Am i wrong in thinking like this? Just a noob sorry

ports back sub up seems to have performance benefits (correct me if i'm wrong)

and the 45's supposedly help on the meter, but don't do much to the ear. i'm not sure though. i think i read that on the SPL gains thread.

I hear the same thing port back sub up but i dont have the room to have port back and sub up. i still need the back seat.

the 2 45's across the bottom like you have in your picture should be just fine. i wouldn't put 45's at the top of the box, because you're not going to see any gains from that. just gonna displace more air.

and in response to an earlier post, give the port some breathing room. 1" from the hatch probably isn't a great idea.

Yeah as i figured, so i will end up trying out the second box idea. It will be port and sub up. So my next question is how would i do this port bend? I am very unclear of the bends in the port and dont want to be doing the wrong measurements. If my port length is 26" on the torres how would i account for that with how i have the way this port is?

Is there any performance reasons for port and sub up. Or is it just cosmetic purpose?Oh thank you again for getting my pic up.I tried to get my screenshot up but it did the same thing. How important is the 45's thing in the boxes I just haven't really got it yet.

I did that pic in your post again... i didn't realize it was you that i did that for i just forgot about going back to your post before to see if you got any support on your build. i was curious about your box also

your picture didn't have any measurements, so it's difficult for me to tell.

I am not sure how to do it thats why i ask. But i thought you would have it as far from the back wall as the same as the width of the box, so i think it would be down 18" that would leave me with 9" to split both ways so i think it would go 4.5" each way. Am i wrong in thinking like this? Just a noob sorry

Any help on the port?

I believe you measure the length down the center of the port. I think I read that on JL's website

Ps. JL has a nice tutorial about box tuning and stuff on their website

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

the 2 45's across the bottom like you have in your picture should be just fine. i wouldn't put 45's at the top of the box, because you're not going to see any gains from that. just gonna displace more air.

and in response to an earlier post, give the port some breathing room. 1" from the hatch probably isn't a great idea.

Yeah as i figured, so i will end up trying out the second box idea. It will be port and sub up. So my next question is how would i do this port bend? I am very unclear of the bends in the port and dont want to be doing the wrong measurements. If my port length is 26" on the torres how would i account for that with how i have the way this port is?

Is there any performance reasons for port and sub up. Or is it just cosmetic purpose?Oh thank you again for getting my pic up.I tried to get my screenshot up but it did the same thing. How important is the 45's thing in the boxes I just haven't really got it yet.

Yes sir I seen that and thanks I can't believe how much trouble I'm having with that. Yea I'm curious about my box too lol. This post is helping on mine also like the port needing more breathing room. From the box to the doors it'll have 2.5"s so I may have to fire the port up. Thanks for the help you've given me.

I did that pic in your post again... i didn't realize it was you that i did that for i just forgot about going back to your post before to see if you got any support on your build. i was curious about your box also

I believe you measure the length down the center of the port. I think I read that on JL's website

Ps. JL has a nice tutorial about box tuning and stuff on their website

okay i checked out the jl site and it made me more confused than i already was... although it may be more simple than what it seems i just may need a better example in more simple terms.

Yes sir I seen that and thanks I can't believe how much trouble I'm having with that. Yea I'm curious about my box too lol. This post is helping on mine also like the port needing more breathing room. From the box to the doors it'll have 2.5"s so I may have to fire the port up. Thanks for the help you've given me.

Yeah i know that i need just as much clearance from the port as its width so i decided to have port fire up