Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm just wondering if idling on my lunch breaks to get some bass in is harmful or better yet, more harmful than driving. I spend a decent amount of time idling on breaks and demos for friends. I know it wears my engine but is it more than normal driving or worse in any way?

Thanks guys

Posted

Its not going to hurt a thing on your engine.. If you drop below 12v while demoing... Itll hurt amps/batts But not engine

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Posted

That also brings up another discussion. I currently change my oil every 4 to 5k and I drive on the freeway much more than I drive the streets, 45 minute commute one way to work, school is about 20. When I drove my dads truck a while back, he had me change it every 2k, he towed a lot so I'm guessing that's why. My buddy changes his trucks oil every 20k! It's shocking to me.but he's got 200k on his Harley ford 150 and he drives it very hard, lot of street racing. So how often do u guys change oil?

Posted

Its not going to hurt a thing on your engine.. If you drop below 12v while demoing... Itll hurt amps/batts But not engine

Thankfully for my new alt, I don't ever see under 13.5 and never really have drop other than the slow decline as everything gets warm on a hot day. Thanks for the response, Ill be able to enjoy the bass breaks more knowing I'm not doing any harm then.

Posted

depends how much in town stop and go driving you do as that is alot harder on your vehicle than 55-75 driving. i do mine about every 3-3500 with full synthetic mobile 1. I know of some people that go for about 10-12 k and just change there filter and add a quart of oil every 3 k.

Posted

depends how much in town stop and go driving you do as that is alot harder on your vehicle than 55-75 driving. i do mine about every 3-3500 with full synthetic mobile 1. I know of some people that go for about 10-12 k and just change there filter and add a quart of oil every 3 k.

Changing the filter out each time instead is interesting. But I really don't do a ton of stop and go so I guess I'm fine the way I've been going. I'd rather not chance something that is so cheap to do and go longer haha. Thanks

Posted

Put good oil in and change every 10k Royal purple and amsoil are veryyy good oils, but expensive

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Posted

I've always picked up whichever full synthetic oil and filter package special was being sold at kragen/oreilys. I've never seen a royal purple, something I missed or should buy somewhere special?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6543 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...