Don't skimp on oil changes and you should be fine.

That also brings up another discussion. I currently change my oil every 4 to 5k and I drive on the freeway much more than I drive the streets, 45 minute commute one way to work, school is about 20. When I drove my dads truck a while back, he had me change it every 2k, he towed a lot so I'm guessing that's why. My buddy changes his trucks oil every 20k! It's shocking to me.but he's got 200k on his Harley ford 150 and he drives it very hard, lot of street racing. So how often do u guys change oil?

Its not going to hurt a thing on your engine.. If you drop below 12v while demoing... Itll hurt amps/batts But not engine

Thankfully for my new alt, I don't ever see under 13.5 and never really have drop other than the slow decline as everything gets warm on a hot day. Thanks for the response, Ill be able to enjoy the bass breaks more knowing I'm not doing any harm then.

depends how much in town stop and go driving you do as that is alot harder on your vehicle than 55-75 driving. i do mine about every 3-3500 with full synthetic mobile 1. I know of some people that go for about 10-12 k and just change there filter and add a quart of oil every 3 k.

depends how much in town stop and go driving you do as that is alot harder on your vehicle than 55-75 driving. i do mine about every 3-3500 with full synthetic mobile 1. I know of some people that go for about 10-12 k and just change there filter and add a quart of oil every 3 k.

Changing the filter out each time instead is interesting. But I really don't do a ton of stop and go so I guess I'm fine the way I've been going. I'd rather not chance something that is so cheap to do and go longer haha. Thanks