Second Skin Audio

Got room for 4 18's?

so just for shits and giggles i'm gonna attempt to design a box for 4 18's. going all out and doing a removable port too.

i don't own an SUV, so i really don't know what kind of dimensions i'd have to work with. so if you have a vehicle, like a tahoe, that has the room for 4 18's (without doing a wall) please post the dimensions here.

also, what are some good tuning frequencies? one for daily and one for competing.

thanks all!

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

My Yukon is 49 wide 22 high to window line cam go a lot higher tho, and if your doin port back you can probably do about 35 to 40 deep if I remember correctly.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

blazer is 39 wide, 30 deep, and 30 tall behind back seats, 4 18s is a ton of space i would say in anything other than a truck (blowthrough), or suv you would 100% have to wall.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

My Yukon is 49 wide 22 high to window line cam go a lot higher tho, and if your doin port back you can probably do about 35 to 40 deep if I remember correctly.

running the numbers it looks like 4 18's would be a tight fit. i'll post numbers here in just a sec so i can be sure i'm doing it right.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

so say i did 4 15 n2's. would 1.5 inch wood thickness be appropriate? or is that overkill?

Edited by 412 CVX

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

anybody wanna check my specs before i go on with the model?

415n2specs.jpg

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

so say i did 4 15 n2's. would 1.5 inch wood thickness be appropriate? or is that overkill?

anybody wanna check my specs before i go on with the model?

415n2specs.jpg

I think that the numbers look good, and i would say that 1.5" thick would be approriate, but definitley no overkill at all.

EDIT: Maybe a wink more port area. But as it is it is within range.

Edited by bcpballer64

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

what do y'all think of doing the sides like this?

should i make them the same height or should they be staggered like in the picture?

sides1.jpg

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

That would be pretty strong just use your glue wisely, and also you might wanna glass the interior seams just to ensure your structural rigidity.

i don't think I'll ever actually build this lol. just want some design experience.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.