Second Skin Audio

enclosure for trunk application

James365

Okay, i'm a noob when it comes to trunks so to speak, I have a bmw 328i with a sealed off trunk ( because bmw sealed off everything in this car :rolleyes: ) no ski hole from the trunk to the cab, I have a Memphis 1000.1D amp, with one dB Drive Platinum 12 In a T-line box I took out of my Jeep compass, cause i figured it would sound close to the same, (of course i was wrong), with the trunk open it sounded great! but when the trunk is closed, there's nothing... so, frustrated, i carved out a hole behind the armrest (ski hole) and it sounds better, but i know it can be so much more, but i don't know what type of box would be best for a Trunk, I'm a noob so please take it easy on me, I will never know unless I ask so any help would be great!

The only thing I can think of is to get a factory rear seat that comes with a ski hole. That's the thing with BMW and all of the sound deadning. Its great for the average person that likes the factory radio, but horribly for us that like more on the lower end.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

The only thing I can think of is to get a factory rear seat that comes with a ski hole. That's the thing with BMW and all of the sound deadning. Its great for the average person that likes the factory radio, but horribly for us that like more on the lower end.

thanks! but it's a little late ,,, maybe if i go to re-sale i'll have to buy another rear back seat, but the hole is already cut. lol wife is mad at me now, but she'll get over it in time lol so the trunk is now ported into the cab through a now cut hole behind the armrest, but i'm not sure if a sealed box is better than t-line or bandpass... honestly i've never had to deal with a trunk until now.. and it's kicking my rear.... people at work say a sealed is best, but they also had no idea what a t-line box was so... yeah that's where i'm at.

I've cut more of those than I can remember...there's a template in the middle where the ski hole should be...mark it, drill it, cut it

as for the enclosure, I've always used a standard sealed or ported enclosure.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

I've cut more of those than I can remember...there's a template in the middle where the ski hole should be...mark it, drill it, cut it

as for the enclosure, I've always used a standard sealed or ported enclosure.

okay, as far as the direction of the subs, pointed towards the trunk lid? or aiming towards the cabin? for best sound? i've seen alot of people sealed towards the cab sealed off from the trunk, but i have yet to hear a good system that way imo.

Archived